Author Topic: Can't connect to the internet via network  (Read 1866 times)

daz

• Calf
Can't connect to the internet via network
« on: October 07, 2010, 07:51:19 AM »

Hi

My first post.

Took me all yesterday to install by new modem/router model is WBMR-HP-GN-SW300, Wireless N150. With little to no help from my ISP Talktalk as I guess they don't support Buffalo. But through trial and error and various forums configured PPPoE and VC and correct VPI and VCI It all works....nearly. I can connect wirelessly my laptop vista configured and get online with internet and email. I can even connect my iphone to it.

BUT my PC (XP SP3) connected to the modem with the supplied ethernet cable I can't connect to the internet, tried IE, google, safari. So with my limited knowledge suspect there is an issue with the way my network is configured, but any clues as to where I start would be greatly appreciated

Daz

sigrid

• Calf
Re: Can't connect to the internet via network
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 09:46:16 AM »

You may start with the physical connection of your PC, check the cable or check if LAN is connected, is it limited access that includes a yellow triangle. If you think that it is connected try pinging your modem or your router and see if there are replies, you may need to give us more details regarding things with your network such as warnings why you can not connect to your network. But you can start trouble shooting with the physical connection then if your PC and router is in sync.

daz

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 11:49:49 AM »

sigrid thanks for the reply, yes I can confirm the ethernet supplied with the modem/router is fitted between my PC's LAN port and one of the yellow LAN ports on the router.

Like I said I can email fine on my PC it's just internet explorer or google chrome won't access the internet from my PC.

drmemory

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2010, 05:09:31 PM »

bump