Author Topic: WHR-G300N not allowing read/write for NAS Web Access  (Read 2839 times)

zone

• Calf
WHR-G300N not allowing read/write for NAS Web Access
« on: October 06, 2010, 04:19:28 PM »

Hi,

Firmware: DD-WRT v24SP2-MULTI (05/28/10) std.

From the Internet, I can login to my NAS (Seagate BlackArmor) and browse my files/folders but I can't download or upload them. I had NetGear and Belkin routers before and it worked fine with default configuration, yesterday bought Buffalo and can't make it work since. Any special tweaks required or it's just not designed to work this way??

Cheers:)

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: WHR-G300N not allowing read/write for NAS Web Access
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 06:40:37 PM »

ask the DD-WRT forums, as this firmware is not supported on this router.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

zone

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 12:27:41 PM »

Wait a minute, Davo, how is it not supported?? That's factory settings straight from Amazon and it's not supported? I didn't do anything, just unpacked and turned it on.

By the way, I was able to finally have a few successful uploads and downloads via the Web Access but that was probably 10% of all my attempts. Pehaps I need to change some simple setting or something? I heard so much good about this router but for now it does let me down quite a bit.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 12:43:33 PM »

You have a WHR-G300N, this model is NOT supported with DD-WRT by Buffalo. Either you have a different model number or Amazon have issued your device with an unsupported FW.

There is no official DD-WRT firmware for this by Buffalo. Yes there is one available from the DD website but this is not supported by Buffalo, and if your unit is the V2 model then the DD firmware (which i've tested) is dismil at best.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

zone

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2010, 02:02:50 PM »

Firmware Differences
You can choose between two different firmwares for your AirStation. By default, the Professional firmware (DD-WRT) is installed. If you prefer, you may install the User-friendly firmware instead. the two firmwares have slightly different features, as shown in the chart below.

That's what I have in the manual. I guess I have to try flashing the "User-friendly" version... :smileysad:

drmemory

• Big Bull
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2010, 05:08:18 PM »

is it possible that you have the WHR-HP-G300N.....?