Author Topic: WZR-HP-G300NH Slow to death several time every hour, both on LAN and WAN. Not an ISP issue.  (Read 8787 times)

caricell

• Calf
Re: WZR-HP-G300NH - I have EXACT same problem. Likely Heat Problem...
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2010, 09:53:48 PM »

Jimmyj:

Which Belkin router model did you get. I'm starting to research some alternatives to this 300NH because it appears to perform veryy erratically for me. Speeds have definately not been where they should be.

Which Belkin are you liking?

jimmyj

• Calf
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2010, 10:30:36 AM »

F5D8235-4 v2000

christobevii3

• Calf
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2010, 05:33:33 PM »

Ive had connection issues with all the stock firmwares and dd-wrt ones.  The dd-wrt constantly drops connections, the stock consistently freezes up and has to be rebooted.

I've gotten to the point where i'm trying open-wrt now but having troubles getting my second one to act as a bridge still.  I'm all around frustrated with this router beyond no means.  I previously had an asus 500g premium and buffalo 54hp too.  I've setup 4 of those buffalos with dd-wrt without issue but these new ones I cannot recommend to anyone.

I think I'm going to just have to look at buying another router from someone else at this point.

caricell

• Calf
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2010, 08:30:45 PM »

Jimmy:

OUCH. That Belkin router has worse reviews than this Buffalo!

I think i'm just gonna return the Buffalo and go back to my old linksys wrt54g until I find a real good N router that doesnt drop connections, and delivers what it promises....like a strong signal throughout my house, and USB storage that you can actually access!

sinjin_smythe

• Calf
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2010, 07:18:30 AM »

My wireless connections kept getting interrupted, i would be streaming live TV from a Dreambox located downstairs to VLC and would have the keep restarting the stream due to stream interruptions.

One thing that worked for me was decreasing the multicast rate, under Wireless Config-->Advanced (11n/g/b) - I set mine to 5.5Mbs and it has dramatically decreased the amount of dropped connections.

Slipaway

• Calf
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2010, 12:58:05 AM »

We are looking for a stable router, and were considering to buy 9 of these routers, but it seems from all the reviews we have read, there are hundreds of thousands of complaints online about the various problems with this router.

Every complaint I've read is problems/issues with firmware, the device locking up, and internet connectivity slowing to a crawl, and pages not loading (not even the control panel).

Other issues are "NAT Loopback" missing, and no support for large file formats (over 4GB) such as NTFS.

These are all major "issues" that are preventing us from purchasing this product, but we do need 9 new routers, we want gigabit, and we want a very stable router.  From all the complaints we have been reading, have these "issues" been addressed or fixed yet?

Is there any new firmware releases that have fixed all these issues/problems yet?  Is it a heat problem?  Are these routers defective (by design) due to heat problems?  Is it just software/firmware problems?  Are there hardware problems?

Does the "activity light" blink based on activity now, or is it just random blinking?  I've read a lot of bad reviews on this device, and we wanted to buy 9 of them, but I'm trying to find out if all these issues have been addressed/fixed yet?

jimmyj

• Calf
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2010, 08:29:44 PM »

Haha yeah just about all wireless routers get sketchy reviews from random consumers. I never trust reviews on wireless except from smallnetbuilder dot com.

I have been up 24/7 on the Belkin OUCH since early 2009 *except* to install the Buffalo wzr hp g300nh. I get 100% gig throughput on my lan and to my file server + no slowdowns + no need to reboot ever. I use a dedicated gig switch to do all the heavy lifting. I love (and need) the feature set of dd-wrt and will revisit soon.