Author Topic: I tried Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH DD-WRT Official  (Read 10084 times)

ramer

• Calf
Re: I tried Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH DD-WRT Official
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2010, 09:05:40 PM »

This dd-wrt firmware doesn't support any large file system such as NTFS or FAS.  When it tried to mount my drive it just failed and say NTFS or XFS are not support! 

???????????? http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/%D0%A3%D1%81%D1%82%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%BE%D0%B2%D0%BA%D0%B0_%D0%BF%D0%BE%D0%BB%D0%BD%D0%BE%D0%B9_%D0%BF%D0%BE%D0%B4%D0%B4%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%B6%D0%BA%D0%B8_%D0%B4%D0%B8%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%B2_NTFS_%D0%B2_%D1%80%D0%B5%D0%B6%D0%B8%D0%BC%D0%B5_%D1%87%D1%82%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%B5/%D0%B7%D0%B0%D0%BF%D0%B8%D1%81%D1%8C

???????? ? ??? ??? Ipkg ??????? ???????? ?? ???? ???????. ???? ?????? MIPS, ?  Ipkg Software ????? ????? mipsel software.

runningfool

• Calf
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2010, 05:00:04 PM »

I am also running in to this issue, has there been any updates or workarounds for this?

Slipaway

• Calf
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2010, 12:16:16 AM »

I don't speak Russian, and I'm not sure what those Russian characters mean, but does the Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH support NTFS or FAS file systems (and support large file sizes over 4GB)??

I'd like to buy a WZR-HP-G300NH (actually we want 9 of them) but we need to make sure that the Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH supports NTFS or FAS file systems and supports large files sizes OVER 4GB, and we also need to make sure that the router supports "NAT Loopback".

Have these issues been addressed?  Does the router support "NAT Loopback" and file sizes over 4GB yet?

Slipaway

• Calf
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2010, 12:28:44 AM »

Does the WZR-HP-G300NH support "NAT Loopback"??  I would like to buy a few Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH routers, but we need to make sure that they support "NAT Loopback" and we also need to make sure they support large file size (over 4GB), such as NTFS.

Also have the "issues" with wireless connectivity problems been resolved, and also do the LED lights flash with "activity" instead of just random flashing, do they flash based on network activity?

I just want to make sure these issues are addressed and "fixed" before making a purchase, so could someone let me know if these issues have been addressed/fixed yet?

Thank-you!

sspeed

• Calf
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2010, 06:46:15 PM »

Well....  I tested these back to back, with two different WZR-HP-G300NH routers (both firmwares tried on both), same cable modem, same wireless client, same wireless channel, same encryption.  As much as I hate to say it because I love DD-WRT and was excited when Buffalo went to them, the Buffalo firmware performs much better.....

Both WZR-HP-G300NH routers with the DD-WRT firmware showed packet loss on wireless... This is verified with two routers both running the DD-WRT and Buffalo firmware just to test.  Load DD-WRT on, wireless errors, back to Buffalo, none.

On the DD-WRT most wireless N clients would connect as 54 mb/s although they would show as high as 104 mb/s on the router display page.  With the Buffalo firmware clients display 300 mb/s.  This isn't true throughput though, see below.

Running the Lan Speed test program the Buffalo firmware had over 3x actual wireless network read speed vs the DD-WRT firmware.  On network write they were close, with the Buffalo firmware just a bit higher.

Add to this that the NAS function is not nearly as easy to use, if at all, on the DD-WRT.

I hate to say it as I love DD-WRT, but the Buffalo firmware is better.  I tried two routers in case mine was an anomaly...

And as to the sarcasm above, "As for your bugs; yes the TX settings do some thing; select a lower TX power and it will out put less power (WOW!)" I think what he was trying to say was increasing the TX power in the DD-WRT firmware does not increase the transmit power when you go verify the changes on the wireless status screen.  I verified this on both WZR-HP-G300NH's I had as well.

One thing, on the Buffalo firmware internet MTU may be too high for your ISP, it's set to 1500, most internet provider limits are just below that, resulting in packet fragmentation to the internet and possible slowdowns.  You can check that in Windows by typing "ping -l 1500 -f yahoo.com" and keep decreasing the number until it's no longer fragmented.  Changing MTU from the default 1500 to 1472 jumped my download speedtest.net up by 4 mbps.

WLANman

• Calf
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2010, 08:56:01 PM »

DrewG5 wrote:

Ok.. I have a theory that I have to many other AP in range for smooth sailing... My router is picking up 12 other AP's running in range (Eeep!). If I connect with the  Athros AR5B93 wifi card I have little to no errors :smileyhappy: The only change that I know improved things for me was setting TX and RX the same 3 TX 3 RX. I did so after reading the FCC test report and the data sheet I found here: http://www.buffalotech.com/files/products/wzr-hp-g300nh_DS.pdf

I'll post screen shots of the settings tomarrow when I get the time. So far I am happy with both the router and DD-WRT now..

Here's an evil thought : )

Get a router with Rogue Access Point Detection to keep a few of those AP's out of commission and free up some channels.

Just kidding.  That wouldn't be a very nice thing to do.

WLANman

• Calf
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2010, 09:01:34 PM »

sspeed wrote:

One thing, on the Buffalo firmware internet MTU may be too high for your ISP, it's set to 1500, most internet provider limits are just below that, resulting in packet fragmentation to the internet and possible slowdowns.  You can check that in Windows by typing "ping -l 1500 -f yahoo.com" and keep decreasing the number until it's no longer fragmented.  Changing MTU from the default 1500 to 1472 jumped my download speedtest.net up by 4 mbps.

Thanks SSpeed -- That is some **bleep** good information.