Author Topic: WZR-HP-G300NH and XFS issues.  (Read 2134 times)

ZeroGravity

• Calf
WZR-HP-G300NH and XFS issues.
« on: September 07, 2010, 02:28:56 PM »

Fisrt of all I am running s/w V 1.74 with external HDD formated  XFS. I do not have much experience with Linux so XFS is big task for windows user. Fat 32 is not an option as files are limited to 4gb.

Anyway, the problem I have is not being able to read XFS partition made with Ubuntu 10. If i format the drive with WZR-HP-G300NH than Ubuntu can't mount the drive and gives me an error " Can't read superblock". No good solution  found to this error.  Tried different drives with one ore more partions on it. The way the HDD gets partition is I need to know maybe that could be the problem, in fact that is the problem but don't know exactly what is it. There is nothing available for windows that will allow to write on HDD. Anyone with any ideas is welcomed.

I have tried dd-wrt but Samba is completely removed from official s/w.  With latest build did have some luck but that is a different story.?

Thanks all.

ZeroGravity

• Calf
Re: WZR-HP-G300NH and XFS issues.
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 04:41:46 PM »

ok, since no one knows,  I did find a solution for the most part. I will come back later this week to report what I found and maybe  that could help someonne.

ZeroGravity

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2010, 11:03:58 PM »

OK.... the error Can't read superblock was caused by removing unproperly the HDD. MAke sure you see removable in your browser before removing your HDD.

Di not figure out why the HDD will not get recognized by the router if formated in Ubuntu, but soon as I do find I will share with you all.

omhhw

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 07:35:01 AM »

UFSExplorer can export data from XFS disk to Windows ,but can't write.