Author Topic: WZR-HP-G300NH mbps question  (Read 2080 times)

xninjagrrl

• Calf
WZR-HP-G300NH mbps question
« on: September 04, 2010, 11:50:44 AM »

Before I bought this router I read reviews in which people stated they were getting about 130 mbps however I only seem to get 65 mbps. I have not updated the firmware (it came with the 1.74)  Any ideas why my speed is less than half of what others get?

urthere

• Calf
Re: WZR-HP-G300NH mbps question
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2010, 08:00:08 PM »

Wireless config ->Basic ->300Mbps Mode bandwidth set "40Mbps "

ZeroGravity

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 01:47:48 PM »

Speed depends on your wireless adapter as welll.... Also what encryption are you using? IS  there lot of wireless connection available in your house?

xninjagrrl

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 08:01:35 AM »

I only have one laptop so it should not be an issue of too many machines running off the same router. After doing some googline there seems to be a consensus that my laptop just has a terrible wireless N adapter, thanks Hp for not mentioning this anywhere in the specs. I might try to contact Broadcom about this but good luck getting anyone to admit there is a problem with their product.

tosid

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2010, 11:15:13 PM »

ok i have the same question - i purchased the same router for increased speed as we are starting to get "N" devices, and for movies. however i have an older computer that had a belkin "G" router that i was getting 54mbps. with the buffalo router i now get 18mbps. i didnt think speed would increase as the wireless adapter is a "G" adapter and is maxed out at 54mbps. but i didnt think i would lose 65% of my signal strength. i have the buffalo router set to 40 MHz. and encryption turned off. the computer is all of 15 feet away - no walls or obstructions.

dains

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2010, 08:58:34 PM »

Try setting the router to G+N mode, instead of leaving it where it defaults to, which I believe supports B. I seem to remember that you can make profiles for different users, so possibly you can set up one just for the G computer and set the band for it? Sorry, I might be off on that, but mine's packed up to be returned for frequent disconnects, so I can't look through the UI right now.