Author Topic: Some form of loopback ?  (Read 1461 times)

grathke

• Calf
Some form of loopback ?
« on: April 25, 2010, 12:32:38 PM »

Hi,

I have a web server on my network. I've got port forwarding (80) turned on so when an external  user goes to my website it gets forwarded through the router to the web server. That works fine.... No problems.

With the previous Linksys with or without DDWRT, from within my network, I could go to my website and that worked just fine. But now with the Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH I'm having an issue. From a wired workstation accessing my web server using my domain name, I am taken to a sign in page for the router. However, if I use a wireless connection I'm able to go to my web page.

Within my network, how can I make my wired computers go to the web pabe on my web server, and not to the login page for the router.

Thanks

Glenn

AfterShock

• Calf
Re: Some form of loopback ?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 02:33:53 PM »

I was having the same probs a few months ago when I was hosting my own forums and a few gameservers, I tried both stock buffalo fw and ddwrt and posted for some help in the ddwrt forums and was told that all atheros routers force loopback while broadcom based routers like linksys do not. My only workable solution was to use my linksys router for hosting the servers and forums and my wzr for everything else.