Author Topic: Wireless Drop out question - 1.74 Firmware  (Read 4898 times)

ggilman

• Calf
Re: Wireless Drop out question - 1.74 Firmware
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2010, 07:41:09 PM »

Frankly I'm not 100% sure on the cause of connectivity issues other devices under Buffalo DD-WRT. I had been running stock DD-WRT (I've gone through 14929, 14896, 14402) for several weeks with no connectivity issues on any wireless device. The new laptop and Buffalo version of DD-WRT came about roughly the same time. I did notice some issues with other devices at this point with Buffalo DD-WRT but the laptop always seemed to go down first (it was also the most used on wifi) and since the router required a reboot, I cannot be certain if it was the router having issues or the laptop causing issues with the router and putting the router in an odd state. At different times, however, I did notice wifi issues with two separate devices. Those devices are a Motorola Droid and an identical Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH which was running standard DD-WRT (14896) in bridge mode. I rebooted the primary router on at least two occasions when the Droid had issues and I rebooted the bridge twice on separate occasions. Rebooting the bridge did fix its connection issues with the primary router.

My wife reported that she had the laptop on wifi at the hotel where she was staying and had no issues. She returned home today and I'm assuming she will be on her laptop tonight with my router now running stock Buffalo firmware (1.74). I will let you know if she still has issues.

She leaves again Sunday. I will be glad to put Buffalo DD-WRT back on at that point to see if I have issues with my other devices in the absence of the laptop if you'd like.

crabnebula

• Calf
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2010, 11:08:29 PM »

I would just like to point out that I am getting a strangely similar Wi-Fi dropout issue using the latest OpenWRT (10.03.1-rc3) with this router. After several hours of uptime, clients can no longer authenticate and all wireless appears completely paralyzed. Based on tickets submitted to the OpenWRT devs, it would appear that this only occurs when using wireless-N. Since drmemory suggested somewhere that the driver in the official dd-wrt isn't what most people think, perhaps we are in fact experiencing the same driver issue under different firmwares.

See this ticket for the symptoms with OpenWRT : https://dev.openwrt.org/ticket/7413

DrewG5

• Calf
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2010, 03:01:04 PM »

Well it did it again today only this time on the stock 1.74 firmware with in 7 hours with only the freaking printer connected... I wonder how to RMA this unit I have for one of the ones Buffalo has in the lab.... Also I wonder how many other access points are around, currently there are 13 2Wire junk units with in range of me.

ggilman

• Calf
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2010, 11:11:03 AM »

Followup on earlier posts: Confirmed, no wireless issues with Toshiba laptop on 1.74 after running better part of the day yesterday.