Author Topic: WZR-HP-G300NH + DD-WRT Factory Firmware  (Read 43488 times)

hekri

• Calf
Re: WZR-HP-G300NH + DD-WRT Factory Firmware
« Reply #60 on: September 06, 2010, 10:51:45 AM »

Best post I've read... Basically theres in no point in this at releasing this firmware at all. We don't care about the buffalo logo. We want the features we actually bought when we purchased this router.

If any mods read this > I need my torrent client back. I need my pr0n (words edited)...!....  :D Transmissiondeamon preferred.

**for feature requests - use the Idea Exchange (where our engineers look) and let your peers vote by kudoing your idea - presenting ideas in here will not be seen by Japan engineers*****

Hercules

• Calf
« Reply #61 on: September 06, 2010, 10:57:59 AM »

does A0 30 work with with this firmware?

thomasdnadeau

• Calf
« Reply #62 on: September 23, 2010, 06:55:23 AM »

This thread hasn't been updated in some time. Has dd-wrt-based factory-sponsored firmware been released?

AfterShock

• Calf
« Reply #63 on: September 23, 2010, 03:43:01 PM »

yeah its been out for a little while now

dudeman135

• Calf
« Reply #64 on: September 23, 2010, 10:22:05 PM »

I like the features of dd-wrt and installed this version, but without scheduling daily reboots it is slow as heck, even though the load and system resources appear fine.  Any word on pending updates?

drmemory

• Big Bull
« Reply #65 on: September 24, 2010, 10:34:08 AM »

We are working on the next Buffalotech DDWRT revision, but don't have a date set for release yet.

mookie

• Calf
« Reply #66 on: October 02, 2010, 05:17:57 PM »

Will the new dd-wrt version include NAS (Samba) and media server, two things that the stock firmware has?  I really like the stock firmware, but I have to reset every several days due to clients not being able to connect wirelessly.

snk

• Calf
« Reply #67 on: October 03, 2010, 02:39:33 PM »

In the Buffalo DD-WRT announcement VLAN support was mentioned. However, I can't see the VLAN tab in the Buffalo DD-WRT web interface. How can I set up VLANs on a port by port basis?

snk

• Calf
« Reply #68 on: October 07, 2010, 01:24:17 AM »

Anyone?

jseymour

• Calf
« Reply #69 on: October 07, 2010, 07:25:04 PM »

Under "Setup --> Networking".

snk

• Calf
« Reply #70 on: October 09, 2010, 03:55:24 PM »

I can't see any way to assign individual ports to VLANs. As far as I see, VLAN tagging under networking does nothing?

adriandavid

• Calf
« Reply #71 on: October 11, 2010, 12:39:00 AM »

Hi, recently I made switch from stock buffalo firmware to Buffalo DD-WRT firmware, and I´m having this issues:

1.- Dhcp with dnsmasq, I´m unable to get an IP from linux or anyone else device with linux embebed, like hp printer or android phone.

2.- For some reason if I enable logging, i get a lot of false attacks.

3.- Router with wep encription works flawless, but with WPA, some devices can get authorized to router,  I´m sure that this clients because with a wrt 54gs router, I can get it connected with WPA.

The only modification that made to the router was change default network from 192.168.11.x to 10.10.1.x.

Thanks,

DrewG5

• Calf
« Reply #72 on: October 13, 2010, 08:20:39 PM »

After a little over a month my findings are things run very stable for about 2 weeks after a week of tinkering with the settings. But I have had no other option than reverting to 1.74 the reasons are

1) WiFi fully crashes 2 to 3 times a day (not a drop out totally stops working)
2) Packet loss on both lan & wan
3) Nonfunctional status lights vrs 1.74

4) PPPoE issues

5) Wife needs a stable connection

I could deal with the nonfunctional status lights if other things properly worked lets not even get into the simple fact that many of the menu options dont do a darn thing..

If this router does not act properly after loading 1.74 on it than there is only one choice RMA it or try and get a refund.

caricell

• Calf
« Reply #73 on: October 13, 2010, 10:19:06 PM »

I'm a pretty new owner of this router, but after trying the stock firmware (very briefly), then DD-WRT (not official), then Buffalo official DDwrt, then back to DDWRT not official, I'm not sure WHAT to think anymore.

I have been unable to plug a USB stick into the back of this router and get it to be seen as a drive in Windows XP with ANY of the firmwares. Right now (with DDWRT Unofficial) I am sitting here and watching my wifi signal vary between 3 and 5 on my laptop without moving anywhere.

I'm now thining about going back to 1.74 (ugly), but am afraid I'll brick this thing if I don't do it right. Should I go from DDWRT unofficial back to the stock buffalo f/w that came with the unit and then upgrade to 1.74?

I really like this router..when the signal is good, it's quite good even on g54 machines. I've been reading this forum, and am seeing so much disparity, that I don't know what to think.

So, any recommendations of what to do (and how to do it) from anyone?

Thanks.

Aveyer

• Big Bull
« Reply #74 on: October 13, 2010, 10:37:40 PM »

I found the Port by port VLAN options page through the wiki              your.router.ip/Vlan.asp