Author Topic: WZR-HP-G300NH + DD-WRT Factory Firmware  (Read 43477 times)

AirTien

• Calf
Re: WZR-HP-G300NH + DD-WRT Factory Firmware
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2010, 06:29:29 AM »

Sorry

When I update my G300NH, this screen show

Invalid firmware, rebooting!

Estimated time to restart is 80 s. Please Wait...

To continue setup, perform the following procedure.

1. Close all browser windows.
  2. Confirm that a connection between the computer and the router is established.
  3. Reopen the browser and reconnect using the AirStation Configuration Utility.
   Refer to the user manual for more information.

PS:

I buy this machine in Hong Kong

Are you downloading Hong FW, or from some other BT site? Download from your area. drmemory

noobookbig

• Calf
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2010, 08:23:22 AM »

AirTien wrote:

Sorry

When I update my G300NH, this screen show

Invalid firmware, rebooting!

Estimated time to restart is 80 s. Please Wait...

To continue setup, perform the following procedure.

1. Close all browser windows.
  2. Confirm that a connection between the computer and the router is established.
  3. Reopen the browser and reconnect using the AirStation Configuration Utility.
   Refer to the user manual for more information.

PS:

I buy this machine in Hong Kong

I got the same message. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

PS. I bought this router in Thailand

Again - use FW from your area, as BT hardware may differ in different geographical regions - drmemory

drmemory

• Big Bull
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2010, 08:25:54 AM »

Are you downloading USA firmware and trying to install on a foreign router...?

That may or may not work. You need to download your firmware from the same country where you purchased your router. The local FW may not be ready for distribution in your country yet.

slybunda

• Buffalo
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2010, 08:29:06 AM »

i may have jumped the gun and condemned this dd-wrt build.

after a 30/30/30 reset it is behaving better,

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=78294&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

above link is to my posts on dd-wrt forum about this firmware. i will update this as time passes.

drmemory

• Big Bull
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2010, 02:27:49 PM »

Please describe your issues in more detail. We've been testing without any downtime whatsoever - no rebooting.

If there are certain activities you are doing, when the product goes down - let us know - we'll test it.

So far, our routers have performed flawlessly in our US lab. Give us more details.

slybunda

• Buffalo
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2010, 03:36:57 PM »

any reason why i cant put tx power above 13dbm?

iv set the settings to 20dbm, default antenna chains, channel 6, UK regulatory domain, 0db antenna gain and i get this:

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/511/ddwrt1.png" alt="" class="bbc_img" />

tried setting 25, even 30dbm but it wont go above 13dbm, and range is very poor, cant get wifi in my garden. with user firendly firmware i got coverage in garden easy.

DrewG5

• Calf
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2010, 07:10:53 PM »

After 20 minutes wifi would drop out or crash.

Settings

Wireless Mode: AP mode

Wireless Network mode: N/G

Wireless Channel: Auto

Wireless Security: WPA2 Personal Mixed

WPA Algorithms: TKIP+AES

After trying a 30/30/30 reset to no luck it was time to try something else

Stability of Wifi improved by changing Sensitivity Range (ACK Timing) from default of 2000 to 305 (correct size for my needs). To convert meters to feet for the WiFi coverage you need. Simplest way to get the conversion is to use Google. Keep in mind the default  2000 meters is 6561.67 feet way more than most of us need for coverage. The settings for Sensitivity Range (ACK Timing) can be found under the advanced settings of the wireless basic settings tab. Best pratice is to set it for 5% more than you need.

Other info its typical for me to have up to 6 wireless clients connected at once.

I susspect the stock 2000 timeing of this firmware may be over driving the radios or the boosters.

I would like to know what settings Buffalo is using to get the stabilty and, how many wireless access points are in the area. Here I have 7 in range.

:edited to add info:

slybunda

• Buffalo
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2010, 09:41:14 PM »

after more testing iv decided to go back to the user friendly firmware, dd-wrt is just too unstable still. the router has locked up a number of times on me and needed manual power cycling to get it back up again. this is too unreliable for me since clients that connect to the router when im not around will be stuck on what to do when they dont have wifi access.

it was a good attempt from buffalo though, but this router will never become professional grade equipment, its hardware is fairly decent but its being let down by shoddy firmware support. tech support have known for a long time all the issues with dd-wrt and this is the best thy could come up with which is just a disgrace.

buffalo wifi products went downhil after the whr-hp-g54.

mookie

• Calf
« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2010, 10:21:59 PM »

Is Samba not supported in this firmware?  All I see is an option for proftp in NAS.

Also, why isn't NTFS supported?  All the other comparable routers of Buffalo's competitors offer NTFS and Samba support.

AfterShock

• Calf
« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2010, 12:15:46 AM »

I agree it was a mistake for them to go the dd-wrt route, the mad wifi driver will never work properly for wireless N because it wasn't created for it nor can it be tweaked enough to call professional. Instead of putting all that time and money into dd-wrt they could have revamped there own firmware which as far as stability and performance goes it wasn't that bad with the exception of the poor wording and layout which could have been fixed by anyone whos ever seen a linksys setup. I bought this router because I was expecting good things from dd-wrt but have been more and more dissapointed with each release with the official dd-wrt being the final blow. I've run out of time and patience with bouncing back and forth between forums trying to keep up on the latest issues and trying the different versions to see that nothing has really changed much since the very 1st working release now I'm investing my time trying to get openwrt to work which is a entire different flavor to me and have no clue what I'm doing but at least I know when its up and running it will be 100% stable.

kinokuniya

• Calf
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2010, 04:16:50 AM »

What happened to USB support? The firmware looks no different than the standard DD-WRT, why would I wait if there is nothing that would make USB connectivity easier....DD-WRT sucks on that and now you're telling me all you are going to do is slap some nice BuffaloTech banner and release this? Are you kidding me?

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2010, 04:18:41 AM »

kinokuniya wrote:

What happened to USB support? The firmware looks no different than the standard DD-WRT, why would I wait if there is nothing that would make USB connectivity easier....DD-WRT sucks on that and now you're telling me all you are going to do is slap some nice BuffaloTech banner and release this? Are you kidding me?

What USB support were you looking for? NTFS? yeah good luck with that, was never suggested this would be included.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

kinokuniya

• Calf
« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2010, 04:24:47 AM »

davo wrote:

kinokuniya wrote:

What USB support were you looking for? NTFS? yeah good luck with that, was never suggested this would be included.

Nothing that far was expected (seing how bad the firmware already) - I was hoping they had some scripts built in that would just automount any drive I plugged into the USB port like the stock firmware. I am sick of hacking it since optware flat out doesn't work in mine.

slybunda

• Buffalo
« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2010, 06:44:21 AM »

im beginning to wonder wether it really is firmware issues with this router or if its just hardware issues where buffalo cheaped out on.

they class the wzr-hp-g300nh as a high power device. do they consider 13dbm to be high power?

and i agree with the above as long as dd-wrt use the madwifi driver the router will never be stable.

the best solution iv used fo rthis router is openwrt with the ath9k driver, its by far the most stable option, if only openwrt had a better interface like dd-wrt's.

drmemory

• Big Bull
« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2010, 01:18:29 PM »

back to the forum rules - if you're just here to soapbox and not provide questions or answers - get prepared for the rules to be enforced. go soapbox elsewhere or provide some substance IN EACH POST.