Author Topic: WZR-HP-G300NH + DD-WRT Factory Firmware  (Read 43496 times)

Aveyer

• Big Bull
Re: WZR-HP-G300NH + DD-WRT Factory Firmware
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2010, 09:45:48 PM »

I'm not even gonna bother waiting on DD-WRT for it anymore, which at the end still mightn't be as stable or fast as the stock firmware, better off getting a Mikrotik RB750 for the advanced QoS etc.

slybunda

• Buffalo
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2010, 10:03:11 AM »

it does look doubtful that the release will be stable and functioning properly, look at the whr-hp-gn and whr-hp-g300n, they had official buffalo dd-wrt firmware out a while ago and all it was is a skinned version of the regular dd-wrt firmware. its buggy and unstable, practically unusable compared to the stock buffalo firmware.

likewise im not getting my hopes up on this, im going to sit back and play the waiting game, if the dd-wrt for the wzr-hp-g300nh turns out to be just a skinned version of the regular dd-wrt with no stability and reliability then best option would be to probably just go with a mikrotik routerboard and ubiquiti wifi access point to get the job done properly.

only time will tell. i will see how things develop come november for the wzr-hp-g300nh.

ubcjack

• Calf
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2010, 04:26:40 PM »

I really hope DD-WRT firmware would be stable and release on WZR-HP-G300NH soon. I purchased this router mainly for the DD-WRT support!

Bufflo Admins, other than DD-WRT support, is there any schedule on better QOS control and bandwidth/client monitor on original firmware? 

drmemory

• Big Bull
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2010, 05:02:27 PM »

I can't comment on future release features - only Marketing is allowed to make comments for that.

ubcjack

• Calf
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2010, 12:11:24 PM »

Hi Admins,

Can we get a confirmation that full DD-WRT will for sure works on WZR-HP-G300NH eventually? It's not very stable yet for latest DDWRT release and also for past releases.

Thanks.

drmemory

• Big Bull
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2010, 01:14:50 PM »

We'll do our best to quickly implement each revision shared with us from DDWRT. For release/revision issues, it's best to contact DDWRT directly and list on their forums too (faster, as they are probably gathering information first, from their forums).

RayEarth

• Calf
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2010, 07:20:03 PM »

It's out!

Anyone want to confirm if it uses the MadWifi driver (unstable) or Buffalo's own proprietary driver?

http://www.buffalotech.com/support/getfile/wzrhpg300nh-pro-v24sp2-14998.zip

slybunda

• Buffalo
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2010, 07:59:14 PM »

quick decompile shows madwifi libraries inside. im not even going to bother installing this firmware since its no different to the dd-wrt builds on the official dd-wrt site, which means its going to be unstable.

im just going to sell up and get a proper ubiquiti rocket m2. buffalo have shot themselves in the foot again.

ubcjack

• Calf
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2010, 07:59:37 PM »

This is great!

Do you know this is for buffalo firmware -> dd wrt or ddwrt upgrade ddwrt? Or it doesnt matter?

Thanks.

slybunda

• Buffalo
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2010, 09:05:04 PM »

gave this firmware the benefit of the doubt and tested it out, uptime was 25 mins while i was pulling data over the wifi and the router locked up requiring hard reboot. this firmware is nothing special or different compared to the regular dd-wrt firmware, and my suspicions are confirmed, its just as unstable as the dd-wrt builds on the dd-wrt website.

also max tx power wont go beyond 13dbm too which is also known problem.

buffalo did not test this firmware out themselves, they couldnt have, its too unstable to be used and only damages thier reputation.

slybunda

• Buffalo
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2010, 09:17:41 PM »

how do i revert the buffalo dd-wrt firmware back to the "user-friendly" firmware? is it just the matter of downloading version 1.74 firmware and doing update from dd-wrt admin tab?

noobookbig

• Calf
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2010, 12:05:50 AM »

Trying to update from 1.74 friendly firmware to official buffalo dd-wrt pro firmware,

I got the error message "Invalid file" ?????

anewkirk

• Calf
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2010, 12:12:10 AM »

In the past week there have been some nice improvements in wireless stability & performance added to the newest OpenWRT release for this router. Check out 10.03.1-rc3 if you haven't already done so....it may save you from pulling your hair out over this dd-wrt stuff.

AfterShock

• Calf
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2010, 12:57:34 AM »

is there a link for some sort of guide to installing openwrt using windows only? I'm about ready for anything after this disaster of a fw upgrade. The stability reminds me of some of the earliest version of dd-wrt except I've yet to go an hour before the router completely crashes with the official dd-wrt not to mention my usual pings and download speeds have suffered dramatically.

anewkirk

• Calf
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2010, 01:05:34 AM »

https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?pid=116048#p116048

I have not tried this personally, but people seem to be using it.

You would also need to use this same process to go back to the stock firmware if you decided to do so, so you might want to save this to a txt file or something for future reference.