Author Topic: WHR-HP-G300N firmware update problem  (Read 2642 times)

romin_pasa

• Calf
WHR-HP-G300N firmware update problem
« on: June 15, 2010, 03:19:45 AM »

Dear concern engg,

I want to upload new firmware in WHR-HP-G300N via tftp. When I am trying to upgrade new firmware via tftp, it shows progress as upgraded. But there was not upgraded the  new firmware and not any changed in old (default) firmware. Is this tftp upgrade process support or not ? If any solution, please ask me. I am waiting for reply from you.

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: WHR-HP-G300N firmware update problem
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 08:36:45 AM »

Are you not able to log into the unit and update the firmware that way?

dhgaut

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2010, 12:15:20 PM »

Buffalo provides a "CD" downloadable that will update your firmware to "professional"  i.e. dd-wrt.  You download the software, run the program, it'll find the router and offer to upgrade it.  Worked for me.  If you want to try tftp, you're in for a world of hurt.  You need to be sure your firewall is off, don't try running it on Vista or Win7 because those products won't leave the network alone, you need to set your computer to 192.168.11.2 and plug the cable in the one closest to the wan plug.  Reboot and router and, within a few seconds, push the firmware to the router.

Ronnie_USA

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010, 12:09:17 PM »

I just got one today from newegg, and for some reason it has the genric version of dd-wrt install on it, and when I try upgrading it to the pro version I get firmware update failed. I want to be able to use what I paid for.

Could someone help me with this please.