Author Topic: Accessing port forwards from the LAN prompts router user name/password??  (Read 1974 times)

kamiller42

• Calf

I have setup some port fowards, the same ones on my previous router. The port forwards work fine when accessing my network from outside the LAN. If I try to access a server via a port forward from a PC on the LAN via IP or by name, the router prompts me for the root user name and password.

How can I use external IP or names with port forwards from a PC on the LAN without having the router prompt for password? It should just forward my requests.

I am using 1.74 on a WZR-HP-G300NH.

kamiller42

• Calf

Bump.

Any ideas?

This is a big problem because I have Subversion references to a name, which has worked great until I implemented the G300NH.

Dustrega

• Big Bull

I'm sorry, but when you're accessing this "port forward" are you using a specific software (web browser, UI, etc.)?  If you're trying to access the server via a specific port the router won't prompt for a user/pass unless you're accessing the configuration page.

Aveyer

• Big Bull

The router doesn't have NAT loopback supported.

kamiller42

• Calf

With Subversion, it's defintely using a port number.

In any case, I have a domain name pointing to server.mysite.com for example. When I am outside the network where the server resides, I can access server.mysite.com with no problem. If I am attached to the network where the server resides, I get prompted to enter user name and password by the router. The port number can be any of the ones I have forwarded, and it will prompt me.

I have been through serveral routers, and this is the first time I have had this problem. I am cheating right now my controlling the name resolution via the hosts file. It's a pain because I have to change when I move in and out of the network.