Author Topic: Router Acting as VPN Client?  (Read 38556 times)

odyssseus

• Calf
Re: Router Acting as VPN Client?
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2011, 11:32:03 PM »
I have sent my gmail id on PM

irishtr

• Calf
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2011, 12:23:31 AM »

Well I solved my issues all is working like a champ.  Had to dig high and low around the internet to find a solution to fit my needs but it works all traffic from IPs I want are going thru VPN and all other IPs I dont go straight to ISP for full speed!

Sorry Ody thought we'd fix you first bud I really did (just happen to stumble onto something that worked for me).  But I have faith we can resolve yours too still!

For my solution I had to add these lines into startup script to ensure my routes were set for specific IP/IPs I wanted to send across VPN.

sleep 60ip route add default dev tun1 table 200ip rule add from 192.168.1.104 table 200

?And then in my Additional Configuration settings under Services>VPN>OpenVPN Client I had this input.auth-nocache

auth-user-pass /tmp/openvpncl/user.confroute-nopull

My VPN provider VyprVPN uses option "Push redirect-gateway def1" which was routing ALL my connected devices across the VPN (which is fine if you want to do that for ALL) but I wanted some to be free and full speed on the ISP hehe.  If someone else's VPN provider doesn't use this option by default you can change that route-nopull to redirect-gateway def1

fqaadn

• Calf
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2011, 05:18:48 PM »

hi,

I'm down on my luck with HMA and buffalo 300NH router. would appreciate it if you can share any progress made to use openvpn on this router with HMA.

thanks in advance,

odyssseus

• Calf
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2011, 03:14:55 PM »
i broke my head against this problem for 2 weeks. ultimately gave up and signed up for strongvpn. i just needed a US ip and do not need to switch servers that often, so openvpn lite package makes the kill.

these did a desktop sharing to complete setup and my vpn was up and running in less then 10 minutes. i am very satisfied with service. 2 days later i topped up $2 for getting additional pptp account for my iphone..

only downside is that you need to pay for atleast 3 months at a time.

hma was kind enough to refund my money.

Kosta

• Calf
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2012, 09:41:10 AM »

Hello irishtr,

I see this topic is quite old, but I'm in the exact situation like you.

I tried setting it up as you wrote, but in the end, my report IP was still my local.

Did anything change since then, any advices how to currently make it work?

I have cable here, WRT300N router, latest of dd-wrt mega pack, and a Giganews VyprVPN connection that is working from OpenVPN on the desktop.

Thanks

Kosta