Author Topic: WHR-G300N accesories  (Read 1484 times)

dawickedman

• Calf
WHR-G300N accesories
« on: June 26, 2010, 10:20:08 AM »

Hi all,

I bought the WHR-G300N to be used in a very very small house. It's located on the second floor and my laptop is on the 1st floor right under that room. But the signal is really poor. Never more than 1 bar range and lost connection every minute. I can't use it as it is so I'm thinking to buy additional stuff to increase the range.

Can you advise me, I have no idea what I should buy, what is compatible with my wireless router, etc.

By the way, any idea why signal is so poor?

Thank you very much for your help.

Wd

Tsunami

• Calf
Re: WHR-G300N accesories
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 06:23:37 PM »

There are a couple of things that can cause poor signal.

If your router is close to things like a phone, cellphone, or other mechanical devices it can interfere with the signal. Try to move it away from them.

The channel you are using may be very crowded. I believe the router has an option to choose the best channel automatically.

The material used to build your building may be causing the interference. Not much you can do about this.

As with accessories go, I don't think there is much you can do with the router side as the WHR-G300N has internal antennas(?). The only accessory worth a try is a better wireless adapter for your laptop.