Author Topic: WZR2-G300N - wireless clients cannot access the LAN  (Read 9182 times)

Madnick

• Tatanka
Re: WZR2-G300N - wireless clients cannot access the LAN
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2011, 10:42:36 PM »

You get more channels maybe?

dabazz

• Calf
Re: WHIZ-GWENN - wireless clients cannot access the LAN
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2011, 05:07:12 AM »

Would it be possible for you to share that new firmware? Buffalo has not uploaded it to their support site yet and I am having the same problem as you did. I hope you can help me.

JP54

• Calf
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2011, 02:06:16 PM »

Hi

How are you getting on with the new firmware?  Any problems? 

Tech Support have told me they can't send me that release because it's only an alpha version, which still has bugs and can crash routers.  They told me to call back again in a few weeks.  I'm curious to know if you've had any issues with it, or does it all seem OK?

rivashin

• Calf
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2011, 02:08:07 AM »

Hi dorkusprime and everyone who have this problem with US version of the router.

Could you please contact Buffalo tech support an mention ticket #201171731. They say they are unable to reproduce the problem and I guess having more people contacting them about this problem can make them try harder.

Thanks.

rivashin

• Calf
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2011, 02:13:52 AM »

A temporary workaround for this problem will be change the problematic MAC address to start with 00:

http://www.mydigitallife.info/how-to-change-or-spoof-mac-address-in-windows-xp-vista-server-20032008-mac-os-x-unix-and-linux/

Unfortunately this is not possible on some devices, like not jailbroken iphones, ipads, hi-fis, etc

lompolo

• Calf
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2011, 10:40:38 AM »

JP54 wrote:

Hi

How are you getting on with the new firmware?  Any problems? 

Tech Support have told me they can't send me that release because it's only an alpha version, which still has bugs and can crash routers.  They told me to call back again in a few weeks.  I'm curious to know if you've had any issues with it, or does it all seem OK?

The wzr2-g300n_1.55_1.02_eu firmware that Buffalo sent me has been working fine on my EU version of the WZR2-G300N. I have been able to access servers on the LAN from all my wireless devices (a laptop, Asus Transformer Android tablet, an Android phone), which wasn't possible before. If I encounter any problems in the future, I'll report here.

I don't know if the EU firmware would work for the US model. Probably not. It might very well brick the device. According to a post on this forum thread flashing the US model with EU firmware or other way around would void your warranty: http://buffalo.lithium.com/t5/Wireless/WZR2-G300N-new-firmware-1-52-1-22-EU-VPN-doesn-t-work-anymore/td-p/2114. If you're wiling to take the risk, PM me your e-mail address.

A pity that it's taking Buffalo so long to make the same fix to the US model. As rivashin said, contact support and mention the case number #201171731, and complain that the EU customers have already had the fix for weeks :-)

JP54

• Calf
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2011, 12:34:01 PM »

My version is also the EU version.  Tech Support is refusing to issue that EU firmware, because it's "unreliable".

I guess they don't talk to each other.

JP54

jgrupe

• Calf
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2011, 11:15:24 AM »

I am having the same problem--I cannot connect through my WZR2-G300N using wireless or ethernet.  The MAC address of my ethernet adapter starts with A4, but my wireless MAC address starts with 00, so I'm not sure why I can't connect via wireless.  I cannot connect on my Windows 7 64-bit laptop nor on my iPhone.  I have firmware version 1.00_1.26.  The kicker for me is that up until just a few weeks ago, I was having no problem at all connecting wirelessly (and presumably via ethernet, though I really never had reason to connect that way), on either my laptop or my iPhone.  I've been using this router in this location for nearly two years.

I'm a little embarassed to have to ask this, but how do I tell if I have the US or EU version of the router?

Thanks,

Jackie

JP54

• Calf
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2011, 04:26:45 PM »

If your wireless device's MAC address begins with 00, then I'd guess you're not having the same problem.  Particularly if the wired ethernet connection to your router also doesn't work.  You need to contact your Buffalo tech support hot line and get some assistance.  As to whether your router is a US or EU model, I think you can be sure that if you bought it in the US it will be the US model; and if in the EU, then it's the EU model.  On mine, on the box that it came in, on the serial number sticker, the model number appears as WZR2-G300N-EU.  Otherwise, I'm not sure how you can tell.

lompolo

• Calf
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2011, 02:54:48 AM »

JP54 wrote:

If your wireless device's MAC address begins with 00, then I'd guess you're not having the same problem.  Particularly if the wired ethernet connection to your router also doesn't work.  You need to contact your Buffalo tech support hot line and get some assistance.  As to whether your router is a US or EU model, I think you can be sure that if you bought it in the US it will be the US model; and if in the EU, then it's the EU model.  On mine, on the box that it came in, on the serial number sticker, the model number appears as WZR2-G300N-EU.  Otherwise, I'm not sure how you can tell.

Yeah, sounds like a different problem. Also note that with the problem described in this thread there's no problem in connecting to the internet through the WZR2-G300N - that works just fine no matter the MAC address - the problem is only in connecting to local servers on the local area network.

Have you tried turning it off and on again? ;-)