Author Topic: WZR2-G300N drops arp packets with windows 7  (Read 1849 times)

jaialrai

• Calf
WZR2-G300N drops arp packets with windows 7
« on: June 15, 2010, 03:31:40 AM »

I have had my setup working fine for many months now, it is

WZR2-G300N (AP, No DHCP) -> ADSL Modem -> Internet

I have computers connected to both the Buffalo AP and the Modem with a lead conecting the two routers.  Everything has worked fine with windows XP and Ubuntu.

Ive just got a new laptop with windows 7 and am trying to make it connect wirelessly to the buffalo AP and having some serious issues.  It connects and I can ping the AP fine, but I cant ping any computers connected to the Modem, or the modem itself.

If I do a packet capture with wireshark, it shows the arp requests arriving at the other computer and it responding.  The packet capture on the windows 7 machine shows the arp requests going out but it never receives a reply, it seems as though they get lost in the WZR2-G300N.

Any suggestions.

ps. Ive already tried disabling firewalls etc on the windows 7 machine.

Is there a problem with this router and windows 7?

jclee4843

• Calf
Re: WZR2-G300N drops arp packets with windows 7
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 07:04:22 PM »

I have the same problem. My two labtops running on win xp never had a problem. My desktop running on win 7 drops connection randomly. Sometime it drops every hour. Other times it runs fine for a few days.

I changed the Band Width from 20MHz to 40MHz (Wireless Config -> Basic 11g -> Channel Bonding). So far it runs ok for 2 days.