Author Topic: WBR-G54 Client Mode/Bridge Mode changing IP address  (Read 1710 times)

sonnyikea

• Calf
WBR-G54 Client Mode/Bridge Mode changing IP address
« on: May 25, 2010, 07:28:43 AM »

Hi,

I have a WBR-G54 wireless router. I also have a ADSL Modem Router and an Apple Extreme Wireless N basestation. The connections are as follows:

ADSL Modem Router connected to the WAN port on the Airport Extreme.

WAN port on the WBR-G54 connected to a LAN port on the Airport Extreme.

The ADSL modem issues IP addresses to the Airport Extreme and all connected clients using 168.192.1.x

The WBR-G54 has an IP address of 192.168.11.x and issues out IP address in the same range.

I have connectivity on both wireless networks and access to the internet is fine using both.

My problem is that the clients connected to the WBR-G54 cannot access the clients connected to the Airport Extreme as they are on different subnets.

One effect of this is that my iPhone's remote application connected to the WBR-G54 cannot see any of the Macs on the N network.

I need to change the IP address of the WBR-G54 to 192.168.1.x so they are all on the same subnet and can see through. When I try and amend the IP address of the WBR-G54 it errors.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can make the clients on the 192.168.11.x subnet see the clients on the 192.168.1.x subnet.

Info: the IP address that the Modem router gives out to the WBR-G54 is 192.168.1.x but the interface and all IP addresses it uses are 192.168.11.x

I've searched high and low to try and find a solution but no joy.

Thanks in advance

Craig