Author Topic: Where are the routers with DD WRT?  (Read 18154 times)

ChrisWB

• Calf
Re: Where are the routers with DD WRT?
« Reply #75 on: August 09, 2010, 05:35:06 PM »

drmemory wrote:

We are only providing FW for several of the High power N routers and BT branded DD-WRT - not for any of the G routers.

You guys should probably send Newegg.com an email so they can stop advertising the WHR-HP-G54  as a DD-WRT supported router.

mcardo

• Calf
« Reply #76 on: August 09, 2010, 05:43:34 PM »

I installed DD-WRT on both my WZR-HP-G300NH and I was disapointed. You are better off with the factory Buffalo firmware v1.74. It is not very intuitive as far as the layout goes, but all features are explained and WDS connection does not get dropped constantly (Every +/- 10 minutes)

DD-WRT Cons:

1. Led indicators do not work as they should. Wireless led does not flicker based on wireless activity, it just blinks at the same frequency. The orange ock does not light up at all.

2. Switches in the back for router: "auto" "master" "slave" become inactive

3. Switch for engine: "movie" "file" doesn't seem to do anything

4. WDS setup in complex and once accomplished connection between the routers gets dropped constantly. Very annoying when playing multi-player games

DD-WRT Pros:

Very neat and intuitive interface

Works perfectly in Linksys WRT54GL

Buffalo v1.74 Cons:

In a WDS setup, the Slave router will not perform UPNP properly. My PS3 connected to ther Slave router does not see my Windows 7 media server connected to the Master router (connected my PS3 to Master router using Wi-Fi and it works but unfortunately PS3 Wi-Fi is not "N", which is the reason why I got the routers)

slybunda

• Buffalo
« Reply #77 on: August 10, 2010, 07:57:41 AM »

what build version did you install?

Colt725

• Calf
« Reply #78 on: August 10, 2010, 10:58:00 AM »

DD WRT build 14896 was released on the 9th of August

a little something about OpenWrt http://wiki.openwrt.org/inbox/buffalo/wzr-hp-g300h

Admin note: installing any non-Buffalo approved firmware, immediately voids your product warranty.