Author Topic: Where are the routers with DD WRT?  (Read 18076 times)

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: Where are the routers with DD WRT?
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2010, 10:47:27 AM »

I have managed to have a look at a pre release Buffalo DD-WRT FW for the WHR-HP-G300N. Looks good, apparently the user will have the option to either install a "user friendly" FW (non DD-WRT) or a Pro version (which includes DD-WRT) and is upgradable from existing versions. Will be trying it out over the next while and see how i get on :P

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

vibranto

• Calf
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2010, 05:50:01 AM »

So does the beta version include OpenVPN as promised? I'm running the older 'public' DD-WRT and it works OK although some issues and perhaps not as good wireless performance as the factory firmware (perhaps the bad driver issue so vehemently discussed by others) and does NOT have OpenVPN... ,,,

bigpoppa75

• Calf
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2010, 08:30:03 PM »

Firmware for WHR-HP-G300N Verison 1.82 is available at US web site, I don't if it's the DD-WRT version or not

Tsunami

• Calf
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2010, 09:35:29 PM »

I'm running 1.82 on my WHR-HP-G300N and it's not DD-WRT.

audiophile8706

• Calf
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2010, 10:22:59 AM »

davo wrote:

I have managed to have a look at a pre release Buffalo DD-WRT FW for the WHR-HP-G300N. Looks good, apparently the user will have the option to either install a "user friendly" FW (non DD-WRT) or a Pro version (which includes DD-WRT) and is upgradable from existing versions. Will be trying it out over the next while and see how i get on :P

Please let us know how it works and if you find out anything on availability!

drmemory

• Big Bull
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2010, 01:28:26 PM »

Official Buffalotech/DD-WRT FW update for WHR-HP-GN: whr-hp-gn

Official Buffalotech/DD-WRT FW update for WHR-HP-G300N: whr-hp-g300n

The FW is in the CD image. We will break out the FW as a separate download soon.

This may be installed by all owners of the above products - including products purchased prior to this FW release.

Do not install the FW on wireless routers with a different part number.

Memnochxx

• Calf
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2010, 03:41:07 PM »

Just in time for my router's arrival tomorrow. Awesome.

Memoryman

• El Toro
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2010, 04:06:45 PM »

FW for the other  xxx-HP-xxxx routers to come soon.

Slax

• Calf
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2010, 06:00:06 PM »

Wow, thank you. Can't wait for wzr now.

slybunda

• Buffalo
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2010, 06:37:39 PM »

downloaded and tested the whr-hp-gn firmware on closer inspection it still uses the madwifi driver and as such it has locked up on me twice so far. gone back to the friendly firmware and doubt dd-wrt is worth the bother.

audiophile8706

• Calf
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2010, 11:13:31 AM »

slybunda wrote:

downloaded and tested the whr-hp-gn firmware on closer inspection it still uses the madwifi driver and as such it has locked up on me twice so far. gone back to the friendly firmware and doubt dd-wrt is worth the bother.

I'll assume the same for g300n than?

Frustrating.

Anyone else having any luck?

marcw

• Calf
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2010, 01:59:36 PM »

Will this firmware work with wzr-hp-g300nH?

drmemory

• Big Bull
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2010, 02:02:44 PM »

No, the FW would brick anything that doesn't have the same part number. Each FW is designed for one part number, and one part number only (different controllers, and different functionalities)

Buffalotech WZR FW with DD-WRT isn't supposed to be here until July, at the earliest.

bt89

• Calf
« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2010, 02:45:10 PM »

I just want to say that I've been using DD-WRT for awhile on my WZR-HP-G300NH with no problems whatsoever.

I didn't notice any problems with the wireless and it doesn't seem any worse than the official firmware.

It's actually very easy to update to DD-WRT, so if you can't wait a few weeks, then update to DD-WRT now, its really not any different from updating to newer firmware.

SirDragonx

• Calf
« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2010, 04:05:14 PM »

I flashed the official Buffalo ddwrt firmware on my WHR-HP-GN.  It works good but no open VPN support.  According to the ddwrt forums the WHR-HP-GN does not have enough memory for the openvpn version so folks you won't see openvpn support.  It only has pptp client support which I have been unable to get to work with my vpn service.  It connects to the vpn as far as I can tell after running some diags but it won't route the network traffic through the tunnel so basically it doesn't work.  

Other than that, I am running it as a client bridge and it works fine so far.  No problems yet other than I can't get vpn to work.