Author Topic: WHR-HP-G300N (Japanese ver.) and WDS !?  (Read 2741 times)

Hale

• Calf
WHR-HP-G300N (Japanese ver.) and WDS !?
« on: April 27, 2010, 11:20:51 AM »
   There's used Japanese WHR-HP-G300N router is being sold nearby. But I'm not sure does it support WDS? Some sources say NO, some say YES, some say US version supports after software upgrade. Does it support WDS in reality? What software do I need to upload to make it support if necessary? I need to extend a G54 wifi network to 3rd floor. base AP is conventional (moderate power) router. So I want to place a High Power Buffalo model in my room near door to access the network from other spots through WDS. I've tried this spot near door with Toshiba notebook (Portege R205-S209) So I think it should work, if WHR-HP-G300N is really HP model.

Hale

• Calf
Re: WHR-HP-G300N (Japanese ver.) and WDS !?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 11:47:25 AM »
   P.S. The wifi connection is 802.11g (G54). It's strange, I've read US manual. It says there is WDS, but base AP must be Buffalo AirStation and it must be configured as "Master". What is the meaning of such extention? There are people using those base AP on the lower floor. I want to connect to it from any spot in my room via wireless bridge (WDS)... Can I?

Hale

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 11:52:56 AM »
   Is it really so High Power? I mean, if I can't use WDS bridge/repeater, I'll try to attach it by cable to LAN-switch of the base AP-router. I hope it will overcome that AP in power to make the Internet to my room :)

Hale

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 03:26:27 PM »
   up...please, anybody who know the answer on WDS, please reply. I must order it ASAP, or not order... This lot seems to be limited by [1] pcs

European

• Tatanka
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2010, 05:56:44 AM »

With the current firmware, it does not support WDS.

Hale

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2010, 08:26:07 AM »
   so, what does this description states for? "http://www.buffalotech.com/products/wireless/routers-and-access-points/nfiniti-wireless-n-essential-high-power-router-access-point-whr-hp-g300n/" "Nfiniti Wireless-N Essential High Power Router & Access Point is loaded with features, including ... Wireless Distribution System (WDS)."
Look at the page 51 of the manual. what is that? I don't understand. ********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************* is DD-WRT available for it? I've heard that DD-WRT always support WDS. If not so, can it act as powerful WLAN adapter ? Just to connect to access point. After that I'll plug into it with cable another cheap access point.