Author Topic: Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH Factory Firmware Revert  (Read 7257 times)

dsmero

• Calf
Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH Factory Firmware Revert
« on: April 27, 2010, 08:07:49 AM »

Hello All,

I just picked up the Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH router and flashed it with the latest build of dd-wrt. I want to switch back to the factory Buffalo firmware because I've ran into a few weird issues. I can't seem to find any documentation on this and wonder if any could help.

Thanks

Dave

• Calf

EagleTG

• Calf
Re: Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH Factory Firmware Revert
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 10:22:20 PM »

I had trouble restoring using the method from the DD-WRT wiki as posted above.

The one method that worked for me to restore:

?http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=426099#426099

Hope this helps.  It got me back to Buffalo factory firmware, still struggling with DD-WRT, but pondering trying OpenWRT instead.

ratickle

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2010, 07:35:08 AM »

I reverted back to Buffalo firmware from DD-WRT because the current version of DD-WRT will not connect and stay connected at 300Mbps.  Buffalo firmware has much better wireless performance (at the moment).

To revert back, just do the following:

1)  Download the file  wzrg300nh_original.bin from here:  http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/download.php?id=13418   (This file is Buffalo firmware v1.65, but it is stored on the DD-WRT website.  You must register with DD-WRT to access it).

2)  Use the firmware update feature inside the DD-WRT webGUI to install the above file.

3)  Make sure you wait until the firmware install finishes completely before you reboot the router.  (Somewhere around 6 minutes, but wait longer if you aren't sure.)

4)  Be aware that the router's IP address possibly changed. (Depending on what address you had set it to.)

5)  Configure the Buffalo firmware to the way you want it.

6)  Download the latest Buffalo firmware and use the Buffalo webGUI to install.   (Tftp is not required for any step.)

Keep the wzrg300nh_original.bin file in case you want to try the DD-WRT firmware again after they get the bugs out.

If you have "bricked" your router and want to revert back to Buffalo firmware, follow the procedure given at this site:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=72544

Follow the instructions given by flytiger and LOM.

You still need to download  wzrg300nh_original.bin, but you will do it by TFTP.

notewar

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2010, 03:22:03 AM »

thank ur the best!~!

psternak

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2010, 01:28:50 AM »
the link to the original buffalo firmware says I don't have access to download the attachment. I had a working router with the factory 1.74 firmware. I upgraded to the buffalo dd-wrt release. pppoe is not working. I tried the dd-wrt 8/9/10 release and pppoe is not working with this version either. I tried repeated hard resets and power cycles to no avail. The router can't authenticate. How can I obtain an uncompressed factory release? Thank you,

ZeroGravity

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2010, 01:44:58 PM »

go to dd-wrt site and download it there.... mus register and wait like 15 min before you can accce it.. You can also download  from here: http://rapidshare.com/files/417685081/wzrg300nh_original.bin.html

...you can flash your router with this file directly from  your router.

tbosa

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2012, 09:00:38 PM »

None of the links provided to get the old buffalo friendly firmware are working.  does anybody know where I can get the firmware that will allow me to revert back to Buffalo firmware on this router?