Author Topic: WLI-U2-G300N on Windows7?!  (Read 7546 times)

Madjoe

• Calf
WLI-U2-G300N on Windows7?!
« on: April 15, 2010, 08:32:55 PM »

greetings all,

I've brought a WLI-U2-G300N one year ago, i used on vista32 bits and works great on that, now i've change my operative system to Windows 7 64bits, and now dont work, i install the vista drivers, i search for windows 7 drivers and dont find anywhere, can anyone help?!

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
Re: WLI-U2-G300N on Windows7?!
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 05:41:24 AM »

This unit doesnt have drivers for windows 7 and is not supported for windows 7.

Madjoe

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 09:56:53 AM »

really? and Buffalo cannot make drivers for this product that make compatible with windows 7?! Its kind of stupid buy the thing for 60€ and just works till Vista, and probably Im not the only one having this problem.

invisible

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2010, 01:27:56 PM »

I have the same problem!!

And I payed also 60€ ....

This is really stupid and would not happen  with  other companies like Netgear, Fritz and others.....

Sorry, but this was last time that I bought a Buffalo product........

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2010, 03:53:18 AM »

invisible wrote:

This is really stupid and would not happen  with  other companies like Netgear, Fritz and others.....

Why dont you check the prodfuct specs before buying? It never mentions anything about Windows 7. Oh i assume its also Buffalo's fault you didnt do this also!

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

invisible

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2010, 05:43:43 AM »

davo wrote:

invisible wrote:

Why dont you check the prodfuct specs before buying? It never mentions anything about Windows 7. Oh i assume its also Buffalo's fault you didnt do this also!

Are you joking??

It never mentioned anything about win7 , because win 7 doesn't exsit at the time!

I had Win XP when I bought the WLI-U2-G300N two years ago....

Now I intstalled Win 7.......It is a normal thing that everybody whats to have the actual operating system!

And of course I accepted that Buffalo always update their drivers for the newest operating system, beacause they are such a high technological company,or not?

Come on ,do really want to tell me , that Buffalo produces hardware with drivers only for the existing operating systems  ??

Should I now buy a new Buffalo-Adapter only because it is to boring for Buffallo to write a actual driver?

I have many other Hadrware which are more then 4 years old and they all work on win7 , but only the Buffalo-WLI does not  !

kbwizard

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2011, 08:11:58 PM »

Try this link and read the articial.  If this sounds like your problem DL and try the OEM CHipset drivers and see if it helps.

http://robotbutler.org/article/17

Good luck, God bless,  Have at it

Madjoe

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2011, 04:20:22 PM »

This is not a bluescreen issue, the problem is that de OS dont detect the usb device, even so i'll try this solution, thanks for the feedback

Madjoe

• Calf
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2011, 05:31:17 PM »

After install RT2870 Wireless LAN Card still doens't detect the USB buffalo adapter :(

HardwareGuru

• Calf
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2011, 02:07:36 PM »

I set out to fix this problem one morning after installing Win 7 64 bit.  I found what chipsets the WLI-U2-G300N used.

http://www.wikidevi.com/wiki/Buffalo_WLI-U2-G300N

The Marvell 88W8362 is the MAC controller.

The Marvell 88W8060 is the RF controller.

Now, take a look at this:

http://www.wikidevi.com/wiki/TRENDnet_TEW-624UB_rev_A1

The TRENDnet TEW-624UB rev A1 uses the exact same ICs (Integrated Chips).  A quick search for TEW-624UB A1 took me to their website to download drivers.

http://www.trendnet.com/downloads/list_subcategory.asp?SUBTYPE_ID=1082

I downloaded the zip attached to the driver link.

Then I had to use WinRAR to open the file as it doesn't open correctly.  (7-zip might recognize and open it, I don't know for sure)

I copied the files in the zip file to my hard drive.

Then I went into my device manager to install the driver manually.

***Look online for manually installing drivers in Win 7 if you don't know how.***

I pointed it to the Vistax64 folder, and let it start the driver install.

HERE is where I ran into something strange.  I let it run for a few minutes while continuing to do research on the Marvell chipsets.  It didn't look like finished (blue bar still going across the screen over and over), so I clicked the X in the top right to stop it.  When I looked at my Device Manager, it showed: TRENDnet TEW-624UB 300Mbps Wireless N USB 2.0 Adapter

I had to manually setup my wireless network with my WPA2 encryption, and VIOLA!!!!  I was working!  I disconnected the LAN cable and downloaded Passmark's Wireless Mon software to verify everything.  The transfer speed was over 3 Mb.  That's 3 MegaBITS, not megabytes.... per second.  I've got a 10Mb line, so that's not too bad.  Likely the site I was downloading it from didn't give me a 10Mb download speed, so it's looking pretty good.  WirelessMon showed the following info.

Strength -46 dBm 57%

Speed (Mbits)148

The max on the Netgear WNR834B I'm running is 270 Mbps.  Clearly I still have a little work to do between the router and the wireless adapter, but it's a really good start.  Likely it's an issue with either MIMO, or not using both antenas.  Oh, that's another point.  The Buffalo WLI-U2-G300N only uses two of the antenas.  One is just a plastic stump.  Still, I think I can get a higher connection speed if I get the MIMO working correctly in a 2x2 antena configuration.  Will try streaming HD after I tweak everything.

FYI, the Windows built in service (Wireless Zero Configuration I think it's called) will not always correctly identify the link speed. Mine went back and forth between 1Mb and 270Mb.

Hope this helps everyone!

Madjoe

• Calf
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2011, 11:43:50 AM »

sorry to take so long but I kind of forgot this forum and my g300n problem...

Yesterday i return here and found you solution, tested and actually works great !!! xD

Thanks a lot, ur a Hardware Guru alright !! I've x64 Seven and the g300n works just fine, no signal breaks, nothing, just perfect, Thanks a lot again !