Author Topic: WHR-G300N - I got rid of it.  (Read 1696 times)

TheNowis

• Calf
WHR-G300N - I got rid of it.
« on: April 14, 2010, 09:03:04 PM »

I experienced a lot of issues with my internet connection & equipment errors (ie:sudden self-disconnect, slow startup of browers, error of modem....etc); after I gotten the WHR-G300N firmware updates.

At first, I did not suspect WHRG300N had anything to do it, however, as time got by, I begun investigating and found that it happened right after I updated the firmware 1.65.

It gotten bad last week when I was not able to get on to the internet despite been able to connect.  It happened almost every day and I had to access the AIRSTATION web setup in order to fix the problem.

This persisted for almost 2 weeks and I finally gave up.  Of course, I know I should have posted the matter on this forum, but I felt that although there are plenty of smart people in this forum who are well verse in AIRSTATIONS, I know I will be going in circles.  I had to resolve the matter myself.

I gotten another router from another mfg; the faults disappear.  I got rid of the WHR-G300N Airstation and do not want to see it ever again. EVER!!

The funny thing is that I have such high hope for this router....I use DriveStation and I know that Buffalo equipments are really well made.  But after using the WHR-300R I have a change of heart. 

Never again, will I buy a AIRSTATION or recommend friends.

I am really disappointed.....but glad to be able to resolve the connections problems myself.

Thank you and all the best to users.