Author Topic: No Network Access with windows 7 64 bit & WZR-HP-G300NH  (Read 2325 times)

willaton

• Calf
No Network Access with windows 7 64 bit & WZR-HP-G300NH
« on: March 05, 2010, 03:00:17 PM »

1) Nfiniti™ Wireless-N High Power Router & Access Point WZR-HP-G300NH

2) Firmware 1.72

3) Cable - Timewarner

4) Windows 7 64 bit version, Lenovo T61p, 1GB wired, wireless G

I am replacing an existing n router (no issues with router), upgraded to get the Gigabit and USB.

I Configured the 'Nfiniti™ Wireless-N High Power Router & Access Point WZR-HP-G300NH" with the same
WEP, SSID, etc.. so i would not have to reconfigure everything.

on my network I have:
HP Printer (Ethernet)
Wireless game adapter (Tivo)
Xp Desktop system (Ethernet)
Laptop (T61p, Windows 7 64 bit)

Everything came up fine execpt the Laptop.  It would see the wireless and connect but I could not get to any site...
I then pluged to the ethernet port and again could not connect get to the internet.

Pluged in the old router with and it works fine, system also works fine at work wired and wireless....

Is ther a problem with windows 7 64bit, with IPV6?

willaton

• Calf
Re: No Network Access with windows 7 64 bit & WZR-HP-G300NH
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2010, 09:59:40 AM »

I have noticed that I get connected, but can't get to internet or so I through.  Over the wireless I connect and windows 7 64 bit say no internet.  I was able to do a remote desktop while connect....  I had to leave but left everything on when I got back I notice the internet error was gone so I started firefox and I could get to the internet.  I started my vpd and in about 2 min...  I got a disconnected error message from my vpn and I could not connect to my local remote desktop....  Disconnected and reconnected and same thing... could not connect to internet but could connect to remote desktop about 5 + minutes could get to the internet then about 2 to 5 min of using dead....