Author Topic: WZR HP G300NH Firmware 1.72: nothing change :-(  (Read 14699 times)

Memoryman

• El Toro
Re: WZR HP G300NH Firmware 1.72: nothing change :-(
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2010, 05:23:29 PM »

We do not plan on changing the hardware on the WZR-HP-G300NH, any time soon. There is a little misinformation going around. We're trying to find the exact source of the info, and correct it.

Trixor

• Calf
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2010, 03:02:00 AM »

Hmm.. currently I can't connect to my ISP (comcast cable modem) because it has challenges detecting DHCP server. So bugged is putting it mildly, it's more like unusable.

So now I have to wait till July to make this piece of hardware possible functional again?

Sorry, just a little frustrated in wasting a lot of time and energy in trying to make this all work and not getting any step further..

Memoryman

• El Toro
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2010, 08:00:54 AM »

connecting to dhcp is not one of the bugs - you need to call support - they can help with a dhcp issue

Trixor

• Calf
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2010, 01:26:06 PM »

Thanks, I was able to work around the DHCP problem, by using the settings from my laptop (when plugged in to cable modem) and manually applying them to the Air Station. (and put the router switch on the back to on).

spring1975

• Calf
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2010, 02:25:53 PM »

Not detecting the DHCP server isn't a bug?  How so and why is there a thread deticated to this very problem with no soulution other than a workaround of manually inputting the IP settings?

http://forums.buffalotech.com/t5/Wireless/WZR-HP-300NH-does-not-auto-detect-ISP/td-p/28535/page/2

This is a black eye on the firmware as far as I'm concerned.  I can reset my modem and plug my linksys in and it gets the IP almost instantly.  Likewise, I can reset again and plug my laptop in and viola, laptop online.  It's not a matter of the modem having handed it's lease out after the modem is reset.  I've even had the buffalo router get an address (after long waits), but the router drops it's connection randomly and can't get the IP settings again without manual intervention.

Comcast can't help this problem, because it's not their fault.

Atl_Jay

• Calf
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2010, 05:30:52 PM »

I received my unit a few days ago and have the exact same problem - my G300NH, regardless of firmware (and I can't flash to DD-WRT because I have the AO A3 version), will not reliably get an address from Comcast.  Moreover, as others have experienced, I can after numerous power cycles get a DHCP address, but it's lost at the next DHCP lease renewal.  I have also copied the gateway and DNS addresses and set the button to "router".  I have a high level of technical expertise.

From what I read on other forums, the method used by the G300NH to get it's address is incompatible with the method used by Comcast.

I have repeatedly verified, using other wireless routers (including a Buffalo g router), that the problem is the G300NH.

Further, as shown on the small net builder web site, the G300NH has an unstable signal even on a clear channel - it will drop all the way down to 1Mbs, then back up to 54Mbs, for example.  The signal cut outs have not been fixed by the 1.72 firmware.  

This product is defective and not suitable for sale.  I'm going to RMA the unit in exchange for a different brand router.

slybunda

• Buffalo
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2010, 07:00:57 AM »

A0-A3 works as of svn dd-wrt revision 14402, flash chip of the router was not detected before but with new build it works.

the stock firmware is still more stable than dd-wrt and offers more performance however.

drmemory

• Big Bull
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2010, 08:54:15 AM »

FW 1.74 is now available on the USA download site.

Please keep the insults to a minimum - we appreciate the support, but insults turn off a lot of forum readers who are looking for help.

Big_Dog

• Calf
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2010, 11:33:48 AM »

Is there a list of changes/Fixes that are in this new version

labasus

• Calf
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2010, 03:25:10 PM »

I've just reflashed into latest 1.74, but..... it's still have issue  to automatically detect IP from DHCP server.

Maybe smb had resolved this issue??? It makes me so mad, cause the second Wifi router from buffalo has the same problem.

Whats wrong, why changelist from new firmware has these lines:

[Bug fix]

1. Solved the problem that client AutoIP should be used even if the IP address is failed to be obtained when using DHCP and the router switch is off.
  2. Solved the problem that the DHCP client could not sometimes obtain IP address on DHCP server feature.

DustPuppy

• Calf
« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2010, 10:24:19 PM »

DR: 

A lot of us only bought this hardware based on Amazon reviews that said that it's *really* good hardware that can be flashed to really good open source software . . . so far, I have to say, I'm not impressed.

Buffalo was on my radar for other hardware solutions (not implemented as I wanted them, so I passed them over) . . . but well thought of enough by true techies that it wasn't crossed off my list.

The DD-WRT native software is really what's drawing a lot of us in, not the firmware that won't recognize (A3 as I recall and what's sitting on my desktop as a very nice looking paperweight) a very easy flash to the new "stuff".

Seriously, I wouldn't worry about former customers as "trolls" as much as I would your support reps that were kind enough to comment on popular website reviews, giving you a second chance at gaining customers . . .

I guess my question is: when can we expect an "out of the box" excellent solution?

-EWPIV -- DustPupp