Author Topic: WZR HP G300NH Firmware 1.72: nothing change :-(  (Read 14636 times)

mailman

• Tatanka
WZR HP G300NH Firmware 1.72: nothing change :-(
« on: February 24, 2010, 05:09:18 AM »

And Finally it's out!

i'm using the 1.71 and it's very good, i can't wait to go abck home and update :)

my suggestion is to update the firmware as the instruction said and after that a complete reset of the router... [this is what i did to solve some problems i was experiencing].

:)

Ver1.72

[Specification change]

1. WEP isolation feature for AOSS during the bridge mode is now enabled.
    Because only the upper router can communicate, a device with WEP connection can communicate via the Internet.
  2. WEP security key when running AOSS for the first time is now generated randomly.
  3. Since there is two "LAN Config" during the bridge mode, one of these two menu names is now changed to "Qos".

[Added feature]

1. Added the setting to ban to connect from any devices other than game machine by WEP connection while using AOSS.
    Set "Dedicate WEP for game only" on AOSS configuration screen.
  2. BitTorrent feature now supports adding, stopping or deleting multiple torrent files.

[Bug fix]

1. Solved the problem that the wireless connection was disconnected when wireless environment was jammed.
  2. Solved the problem that the wireless keep alive process did not work.
  3. Solved the problem that WIRELESS LED became off after performing WPS PBC.
  4. Connection status information is now returned by UPnP when using a 3G Modem.
  5. Solved the problem that a JavaScript error was displayed on the 3G Modem configuration screen.
  6. Solved the problem that client AutoIP should be used even if the IP address is failed to be obtained when using DHCP and the router switch is off.
  7. Now up to 3 DNS servers obtained by DHCP client feature can be used.
  8. Solved the problem that the DHCP client could not sometimes obtain IP address on DHCP server feature.
  9. Solved the problem that the communication is temporarily down when roaming with the wireless communication is used.
  10. Solved the problem that the screen did not sometimes go back to the configuration screen when changing DHCP lease configuration.
  11. Solved the problem the PPTP pass-through feature was not disabled even though it was set to be disabled.
  12. Solved the problem some torrent files cannot be registered to BitTorrent feature setting.
  13. Solved the problem downloading BitTorrent cannot be resumed after rebooting or changing the settings.
  14. Solved the problem that pushing "Back" button on BitTorrent Download Manager did not work.
  15. Solved the problem the screen was not displayed properly when adding specific files on the BitTorrent Download Manager.
  16. Modified to be able to access to the AirStation with 16 character-long or more name by using only 15-character long AirStation name.
  17. Solve the problem disconnecting the communication during file transfer caused not to be able to access files for long time on file sharing feature.
  18. Now error information regarding registration status of BuffaloNAS.com is displayed when using BuffaloNAS.com on Web Access feature.
  19. Solved the problem that a JavaScript error was displayed when using online version up.
  20. Solved the problem the DIAG LED did not sometimes flash while updating the firmware.
  21. Solved the problem that the port mapping information was not updated even after the IP address of the Internet side was changed when using UPnP port mapping.
  22. Solved the problem that an error is caused when receiving a large amount of UPnP packet while UPnP is enabled.
  23. Solved typing mistake of WEB setting screen.

Aveyer

• Big Bull
Re: WZR HP G300NH Firmware 1.72 is OUT! :D
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 07:45:51 AM »

Nice, gonna update soon.

Aveyer

• Big Bull
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 08:09:11 AM »

Updated, working fine.

btrautman

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 10:29:40 AM »

Where did you find this firmware.  I went to the router download page and it does not show up.

I just purchased this router 1 hour ago from Amazon and will have it delivered tomorrow.

I spent a fair amount of time deciding whether to go with this model............I have had problems with other N+ routers which I returned them all.

I hope I do not end up getting "buffalod"! ;)

Bob

Aveyer

• Big Bull
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2010, 11:41:58 AM »

So far it's only on the EU site.

mailman

• Tatanka
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2010, 01:40:21 PM »

updated, 1.72... and i'm having again this problem:

http://forums.buffalotech.com/t5/Wireless/WZR-HP-G300NH-torrents-make-the-router-reboots-and-then-they-won/td-p/27101

i solved with the 1.71 ... 

i just do another reset, formatted again the hdd, starting from scratch... and i'll see if i need to rollback again to the 1.71 :-/

quite disappointed now.

btrautman

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2010, 05:09:01 PM »

WRT Open Source firmware is out for this router.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/router-database

Folks very happy thus far......

If the euro firmware update doesn't solve problems I will go this route.

mailman

• Tatanka
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2010, 01:52:42 AM »

can you use bittorrent and nas functionality with DD WRT?

Gingernut

• Calf
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2010, 04:21:51 AM »

Yes.

Transmission Torrent Client: (Not included but you can install it.)

Also

Samba 3 for local network file sharing and ProFTP as a real FTP Server.

Zimeon

• Calf
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2010, 08:30:27 AM »

How stable is DD-WRT? I'm think it's a serious alternative but don't want to change incase it's not stable. Any user experience here?

mailman

• Tatanka
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2010, 09:34:02 AM »

reading the DD-WRT forum looks that it is better than the actual firmware.

and there's a huge news: you can install it like a normal firmware via the webgui.

i wait a couple of days to read some answers about the torrent client [transmissiond] and the samba share.

drmemory

• Big Bull
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2010, 05:40:26 PM »

FW 1.72 is out on the USA download site

btrautman

• Calf
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2010, 06:25:24 PM »

Received my wzr-hp-g300nh router today. Came with teh 1.6X firmware.  Installed and configured in about 45 minutes.  Have movie mode enabled.  Did some testing and no problem thus far.  Have one wireless N adapter connected at link speed 135mbs.  have not tested usb drive yet.  Upgraded to 1.72 firmware, currently testing.

mailman

• Tatanka
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2010, 01:30:51 AM »

can you do some tests with big torrents and see what happens?

i'm sure it won't work properly...

Zimeon

• Calf
Re: WZR HP G300NH Firmware 1.72: nothing change :-(
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2010, 12:41:00 PM »

Been using dd-wrt build 13977 for roughly a week now and it's been extremely stable. Havn't had time from the exams to test bt function but shouldn't be too big of a deal. It's easy to change as you can "upgrade" to dd-wrt from the buffalo webadmin without any problems. Recommend sofar as it's stable and has better features than buffalos firmware :)