Author Topic: WZR-HP-G300NH Internet Connection, WAN side problem  (Read 1858 times)

TB

• Calf
WZR-HP-G300NH Internet Connection, WAN side problem
« on: February 23, 2010, 01:54:25 AM »

Hi all,

I purchased the above router to upgrade my Virgin Media in the UK cable connection to a wireless N network rather than the Wireless G that is gained with the provided router.  When I disconnected the Netgear router that Virgin provided me with and plugged this in its place I powered it on and ran the set up CD.  The router connected automatically with no information input needed and worked fine with WPA security on my XBOX 360, PS3 and two Windows 7 laptops, the router is running firmware 1.66 from the European site.

When I tried to log on to the router last night there was no Internet side connection shown but I could still connect to the router.  I then tried restarting and resetting the router but again I could connect wired or wireless to the router, but no Internet side connection.  I therefore ran the setup CD again in my PC and the router starts fine all the right lights etc, until it tries to connect to the Internet when it asks for any user name or password and any DNS settings, in these I have left them all blank and contacted Virgin for these details and tried these, in both these situations it states no WAN connection could be made.

I therefore logged directly into the router and selected initialise/detect internet connection where I am left with an automatic run through screen this however fails and states the connection could not be made retry or back.  It seems to suggest there is a PPPoE problem from this but I cannot remember exactly as I am not currently at the address where the problem is.

I forgot to mention I have since reinstalled the Netgear router in the WZR-HP-G300NH place and with no extra setting such as log in details it still works fine.

Kind regards,

Chris