Author Topic: buffalo wli-tx4-g54hp problem  (Read 2619 times)

XboxUserEmmet

• Calf
buffalo wli-tx4-g54hp problem
« on: January 30, 2010, 11:30:03 AM »

Hello. My name is Emmet and Im having a problem connecting this device to a netgear wgr614 wireless router. Now bear in mind I'm in no way technically minded so its probably a failure on my part but thats why I'm posting here.

I installed the converter, I was given two adapters to choose from, a MARVEL Yukon Gigabet Ethernet Controller and an Atheros Ar928 Wireless adapter. I chose the latter. It had its own IP address to begin with but I seem to have changed it and cant remember the original one (may have been 1.1.1.1 but I cant say for certain). Now the router is configured to an IP address of 192.168.1.1 which I was given as my Ip address but I honestly dont know that to be the case either and I cant seem to find anywhere with my IP but  my hosts IP address is 89.101.234.175

As it stands I can pick up the router when I scan for available wireless devices but connecting to it doesnt work, the status shows as Disconnet (spelling mistake on yere part not mine haha) and signal isn't giving any figure and the IP keeps reverting to 1.1.1.1 whenever I try to assign one using the automatic option.

Im very confused and bought it on the basis that I would have to simply press a button and it would do this for me because I knew this wouldnt go easily otherwise. What Id like to do is firstly restore the factory settings to the adapter, start fresh with a bit more knowledge about what Im doing and then enjoy playing my X Box wirelessly. Any help you can provide me will be much appreciated.

My service provider is UPC Chorus Fibre Optic Cable BB

I dont think there is a firmware revision for this product

Cheers,

Emmet.

XboxUserEmmet

• Calf
Re: buffalo wli-tx4-g54hp problem
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2010, 03:18:35 PM »

Bump

XboxUserEmmet

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 03:52:02 PM »

By the way, the converter manager isnt even picking up the airstation now :/ please help

XboxUserEmmet

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 02:57:46 AM »

Thanks for nothing...

Paul

• Big Bull
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 05:38:24 PM »

First hold in the reset button on the converter for 30 seconds.  This will default it.

Then plug your PC directly into the ethernet port. 

set your IP address on your PC to 1.1.1.2 (to see how please go to  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzZCVfA-yvk)

open an explorer window and type 1.1.1.1 in the address bar

when you log in click on advanced.  From this web interface you want to select your SSID or network

Select  your encryption then apply your settings.

In the upper right hand side you will see an tab for network (please click here)

change the setting to auto (DHCP) then click apply

it should work from here

please let us know if you still have some issues