Author Topic: Trouble accessing the web admin tool with my WHR-HP-G54 set in bridge mode  (Read 1981 times)

andrewt1_99

• Calf

I have a cable modem connected to a Linksys WRT310N wireless gigabit router connected to a D-Link DGS 1024D gigabit switch.  I am trying to use the Buffalo Air Station WHR-HP-G54 as a wireless access point.  To a certain extent, it works.  I see the wireless network "0024A5428824" that is unsecured.  I can connect to this network and can access the Internet sucessfully.  However, I cannot access the web admin tool and I want to add security to the access point.  I have tried the default address for the bridge --- 192.168.11.100 as well as 192.168.11.1 and I cannot connect to either one.  When I use Mozilla Firefox, I get the following error:

The connection has timed out
The server at 192.168.11.100 is taking too long to respond. 

When I use Internet Explorer, I get the following:

The webpage "192.168.11.100" cannot be found

Do you have any suggestions for how to fix this?  I have cycled the modem, router and switch a couple of times.  Everything comes up fine each time, I just can't access the web admin tool.  Help!

Kameran

• Big Bull
Re: Trouble accessing the web admin tool with my WHR-HP-G54 set in bridge mode
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 11:22:09 AM »

Make sure you are plugged into the router to change settings, also are you able to ping it?

Sheen123456

• Calf
Re: Trouble accessing the web admin tool with my WHR-HP-G54 set in bridge mode
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 03:02:23 PM »
I found a solution to this problem which seems to be fairly widespread. Disconnect the access point from the router and disconnect the Ethernet cable to your computer. Then log on wirelessly to the access point and then to can log onto the admin page using the ip address provided. Configure the wireless security and then log off and reconnect all the cables. Seems to work fine.