Author Topic: problem with Buffalo WHR-HP-G54 so that some domains do not work ??? What is wrong with DNS  (Read 1945 times)

Samsonite

• Calf

Some domains of mine just changed their server. Nameservers were updated right to registrants and the domains worked fine from their new address after couple of days.

But  one of mine friend does not see the sites anymore (after the server change). First i thought that his computer had still the old nameserver infos and got wrong IP:s for my domains. So i asked him to type "tracert mydomain.com and tell me what says on the first row:

tracing route to mydomain.com [my domains ip address]

well that IP between "[ ]" was right so his computer does have right IP:s for my sites (domains). but tracert gets some timeouts after couple rows so that is the problem. I asked him to call ISP:s phone support because i'm not any network wiz...

After the call to ISP:s support and many tests the suppert person did ask to remove buffalo from the ADSL-moden and connect the computer directly to ADSL-moden. And my sites worked fine in my friends computers after that move. ISP's support did not tell what was wrong with the buffalo, only that it had the problem and computer should use with wire directly to ADSL modem...

Good advice, but the computer is laptop and there is a reason to have WLAN in the house :smileymad:

Before my friend has to shop a new buffalo or get a expensive repairman (more expensive than a buffalo itself) i promised to start teamviewer connection tomorrow to his computer and see the buffalos admin thru that ( i live about 350kilometers apart from my friend).

But what could be the problem with his buffalo, what should i look for when i go to his buffalos adminpanel (192.168.0.10) ?

Sorry about that long story before the question, but i wanted u to understand the whole picture :)

Samsonite

• Calf

CapnSmith

• Buffalo

What are the domain names that the timeouts occur on, or do they timeout while still in your firend's network?

You could also try to update or re-flash the firmware on his router, or even just power-cycle the router by unplugging it for 30 seconds, then plugging it back in.