Author Topic: New firmware for WZR-HP-300NH ?  (Read 1993 times)

nardow12

• Calf
New firmware for WZR-HP-300NH ?
« on: June 09, 2010, 02:47:04 AM »

Just updated to the latest firmware that I can find on Buffalo's website, I think it's 1.74.

However, the WZR-HP-300NH still have some problem getting IP from Comcast's DHCP server. Same problem I have experienced with some old firmware.

This only happens when I connect the WZR-HP-300NH directly to the Comcast Cable Modem, when I connect another router to the Comcast modem, and then connect the 300NH to the other router, the 300NH works fine regardless of Router or AP mode. The  WZR-HP-300NH is a great router and the wireless signal on it is very strong....only if it didn't have this problem. I know supposely you can turn on the cable modem, Buffalo router, and computer in a certain order to solve the problem, but it doesn't always work....and most other routers work fine regardless of which device you turn on first. (At least my Asus and D-Link works that way, lol)

Well, back on topic. I was wondering if there's any new WZR-HP-300NH firmwares coming up, I heard there's an official DD-WRT one for the 300NH coming in July? (I tried DD-WRT on the 300NH, works good but doesn't seem to support Wireless N) Which one would be the best firmware to use before the Official Buffalo DD-WRT comes out?

slybunda

• Buffalo
Re: New firmware for WZR-HP-300NH ?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 06:51:02 AM »

i use the official buffalo 1.74 firmware, although im using the router as just a wireless access point so iv not had any issues with it other than poor range.

terracan

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 03:47:28 PM »

I have updated my router with 1.74, since then I have the same old problem of frequent wireless connection drop out. It is connected to comcast cable modem. Any ideas?

vzhabko

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 04:18:00 PM »

It sounds like you are using connection wizard to correct to WAN automatically. You should use  "Acquire IP automatically" option on WAN Setup page (Second from the top) This option will be available only if switch on the bottom of the router set to ON (Not to Auto which is default). This will resolve your issue.