Author Topic: WZR HP G300NH Web Access function dont work and does it accept NTFS drives?  (Read 3729 times)

mangkuk69

• Calf

i have updated this router firmware to the latest one and im **bleep** pleased about the bug fixes. im now able to loa torrents on it and the dl speed on this thing is fast. . .

i have just one problem and its the web access thingy. .  im planning to make my files available outside but its so frustrating that i can see a vein at my temple that is about to burst. . Arrghhh... everytime i try to access it frm the buffalonas.com , it times out. . my hd is readable by the router and it is viewable on my network.

i think u shld really make it clear that port forwarding is required on this because UPNP just suck. i heard frm other forum all i need is to forward ports 80, 21, 9000.

btw, i chged the external access port to manual: 9000.

give me a prompt reply as im now about to make a purchase on an external drive which i am gonna permanently lay it at the station for remote access. oh yeah, one last thing, . .can it do NTFS file format?tell me steps on how to make it available now on web access. .

Really Buffalo. .  u did a good job on fixing the torrent issue. i so love my router now !! :)

Aveyer

• Big Bull

The router only supports FAT, FAT32 and XFS on external drives. Instead of using Buffalonas.com try going to your external IP address at port 9000. If using HTTPS make sure to say that too (https://0.0.0.0:9000)

Slax

• Calf

Really Buffalo. .  u did a good job on fixing the torrent issue. i so love my router now !! :)

The BT issue hasn't been fixed. The router doubles the orginal size of the torrents, so a 8gb file is stored as a 16gb one.

This issue really needs to be fixed!

mangkuk69

• Calf

how do i do that? 

is there a way to do it using DynDns. .  .but i everytime i do it.  it says "Update Failure - the Internet IP Address is a private address" what does it mean. . i use the internet side ip Add:192.168.1.64   any conflicts . .

pls give me steps on port forwarding Modem as well as Router(If any)

i appreciated ur prompt reply.

My router:WZR-HP-G300NH Ver.1.65 

Broadband modem: Thomson speedtouch 536V6

zaphod777

• Tatanka

mangkuk69 wrote:

how do i do that? 

is there a way to do it using DynDns. .  .but i everytime i do it.  it says "Update Failure - the Internet IP Address is a private address" what does it mean. . i use the internet side ip Add:192.168.1.64   any conflicts . .

pls give me steps on port forwarding Modem as well as Router(If any)

i appreciated ur prompt reply.

You need to use the ip that showes on http://whatismyip.com

or setup a dyndns account at dyndns.org and install a client on your machine.

also make sure to put the fgdn plus ":" and port number.

mangkuk69

• Calf

1)  what if the ip on whatsmyip.org keeps changing like the last 3 digits only?

I have a dyndns account registered but everytime i input it into the router DDNS setting it gave me "Update Failure - the Internet IP Address is a private address"

2)  install what client on which machine and whats up with the "fgdn plus ":" and port number."  Sorry if i am quite idiot at this.

3)  So let me get this straight, i have a DynDns acc and i input the Address(Eg. Myserver.dynns.org) to the web browser from a remote computer, what would i see on the browser and what ports i need to forward in both router and modem?

Thank you:)