Author Topic: Multi WZR-HP-G300NH with WLI-TX4-AG300N devices internet access issues  (Read 2248 times)

myenzoo

• Calf

I have bought 4 WZR-HP-G300NH units in thinking I could put them in access point bridging mode and realized it doesnt work.   So I go out and buy the Buffalo bridge WLI-TX4-AG300N to add to my collection of Buffalo products to get it working temporarily...  My setup is the WZR-HP-G300NH  in my core setup as a router connected to my fiber link (94 mbits/second).   I have concrete walls in the house which blocks the signal for my laptops as well as the 5 computers I have.  (one computer next to each TV as my media streaming players).   I want at least 130mbps to each device and was thinking I could get that using the access point mode.  I now installed the WLI-TX4-AG300N by one TV to plugin my game consoles (xbox360, computer, Stereo AMP).   I then added a WZR-HP-G300NH to each TV room in access point mode cabled to the WLI-TX4-AG300N.   

So the configuration was working and I was getting 230 mbps connection but for some reason the DHCP server is super flaky.  I loose connection from the wireless access point randomly.   I check the directly into the bridge and it too has taken a dump.  If I power off the WZR and reset the bridge it works fine and have run it for a full day without issue.   There has to be an issue with the 2 units working close together.  Is there a configuration I should do that will prevent the issue?  

I have 3 of the WZR routers now and dont want to throw them away.  I have spent countless hours trying to get this up and running but continue to struggle with getting it to work.  Need help... 

Should I buy another WLI per room and figure out better channel separation?   All the SSID are the same across the house.  I was thinking about fooling the WZR and putting it in Router mode. Setting the gateway as the same one that the bridge would know.  (bypassing the router capabilities but offering out DHCP addresses locally in a different range across the house.  The bridges would then know how to talk back to the core router which would do the routing out of the main network to the ISP.   Any thoughts on this configuration?  I have done a couple days of my time and is now becoming a waste of my time.  Cheaper to go buy a new setup that works out of the box.

Thanks in advance for replies...  :)