Author Topic: 2 WHR-HP-G54's work - except for MacBook  (Read 2288 times)

adentone

• Calf
2 WHR-HP-G54's work - except for MacBook
« on: August 16, 2010, 01:47:33 PM »

I have been trying to get a new MacBook connected to the internet wirelessly for a client of mine for over 10 hours over 4 days now.

I have been troubleshooting this in any way I can think of. 

The MacBook will connect to the wireless router with a strong signal, but will not connect to the configuration page of either router, nor will it get online.

The Gateway has been working on this wireless network for about 4 years now with no trouble.

All computers (wired and wireless) have static IP's in the rang of 192.168.11.x

I can get the MacBook online if I plug it in with ethernet into the Linksys with the same static IP settings.

What I did notice was something different in the Client Monitor.  When the Gateway is connected, its mac address shows up with a "communication method" of "wireless" and when the MacBook is connected, its mac address shows up in the list with a "communication method" of "wds". 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Again, everything but the MacBook connects and communicates with no issues whatsoever - and has been for over 4 years - so I do not intend to mess with it much just to make the MacBook work.

I will get the firmware versions by tomorrow.

Here is a drawing of the network:

Network Description

Thanks for your help!

adentone

• Calf
Re: 2 WHR-HP-G54's work - except for MacBook
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 07:13:04 PM »

?Firmware version 1.20

I have expaned my technical troublshooting to include a Dell laptop running Windows XP Pro - setting the network settings to be the same as the Gateway that connects properly - but the Dell acts like the MacBook - it connects (says it has a good signal) to the Wireless network but has no internet connection and shows up in the "Client Monitor" as having a "WDS" connection.

I am baffled - I was hoping to get a response for someone that has more experience & expertise than I do.

PLEASE - any help will be appreciated.

I am stuck without your help.

thanks again,

Andy

drmemory

• Big Bull
Re: 2 WHR-HP-G54's work - except for MacBook
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 02:30:21 PM »

You have the WHR-HP-G54 set as bridge, and not router, correct, since your IP addresses are coming from the linksys.