Author Topic: WLI-UC-GN on a WDTV Live box?  (Read 4386 times)

wvbonnie

• Calf
WLI-UC-GN on a WDTV Live box?
« on: December 14, 2009, 09:32:39 PM »

Wireless adapter is WLI-UC-GN.

Installed on a WDTV Live HD Media Player.

Router is Linksys WRT610N configured in Auto mode on both channels.

The WDTV only sees the 2.4G channel.

When the WDTV is powered on the network intermittently drops connections to all wireless devices in the house. 

Same results with a Linksys WRT54G (G only) router.

Have reported the issue to Western Digital but no solution yet.

Has anyone got this wireless adapter to work on WDTV, with this or a similar wireless-n router?

wvbonnie

• Calf
Re: WLI-UC-GN on a WDTV Live box?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, 10:11:45 PM »
   Just tried the adapter on my laptop and had the same results. (network went down on my pc and another laptop in the room) Also didn't see the 5G band on the linksys, just like the WDTV. It took forever for the network connection to come back up after it went down.. Is this adapter broken? Am I missing something?

wvbonnie

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2009, 07:40:08 PM »

Someone commented on a review of this adapter that it only supports 2.4G and not the 5g channel.  Is this true?  I don't see it in the doc anywhere.

Aveyer

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2009, 12:21:12 PM »

That adapter is 2.4GHz only and so is the Linksys WRT54G. The adapter isn't advertised as 5GHz so I dunno how you thought it supported it.

wvbonnie

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2009, 03:39:13 PM »

There was nothing on the package or the specs at amazon that indicated either 5.2 or 2.4. When we bought the adapter we didn't have the dual band router so it wasn't an issue then. 

Given that this one messes up our network when it's on regardless of what it's plugged into, I'm sending it back and looking for another adapter.

astph

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2009, 09:51:16 PM »

Hi!

Howcome my WLI-UC-GN can not see wifi signal from my WRT54G? How should I set my WRT54G and my WLI-UC-GN?

Please help. Thanks!

ast

astph

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2010, 06:41:22 PM »

I just had my WLI-UC-GN replaced, now it can connect to my WRT54G, but i noticed file transfer rate is a bit slow. (laptop file to and from WDTV Live HDD).