Author Topic: Internet connection issue on WZR-HP-G300NH  (Read 10041 times)

francishk

• Calf
Re: Internet connection issue on WZR-HP-G300NH
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2009, 09:35:10 PM »

I also face similar problem

My WAN side connection is using DHCP

I found my internet connection will fail around once a day

When i found i can't access internet, i checked the router didn't halt.

I can remote access it

The only solution is disconnect the internet (release the DHCP) and reconnect it in the router admin page

How you can downgrade the firmware from 1.65 to 1.6?

I also want to try downgrade the firmware to see if problem solved

katzy

• Calf
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2009, 02:18:04 PM »

Buffalo told me that there is no way to downgrade from 1.65. So, I am still suffering from the issue.

I experimented several scenarios, and the only case I have the problem is PPPoE.

Bridge mode and Router mode with the static IP on the WAN side works OK. I have never tried DHCP on the WAN side.

In my case, it usually starts working after a few minutes.

Restarting PPPoE or the router fixes the problem immediately.

I also found that it can be fixed by using the PING from the G300NH's Diag menu (not PING from the PC). After I use it, the Internet starts working.

So strange.

francishk

• Calf
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2009, 10:53:33 PM »

really very starnge....hope new firmware release ASAP and solve this problem

megafire

• Calf
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2009, 02:32:16 AM »

Seems there are so many ppl got this issue.....Mine is DHCP........before or after 1.65, I still got this internect connection problem.

Jamky

• Calf
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2009, 04:46:55 AM »

Hi to everyone,

It is a fantastic experience for me to know about the different types of internet connections. It helps me a lot to know about the different types of issue out there. This is a great experience in making everything great. The information is very fortunate for everyone to meet it.

Sylvester

• Calf
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2009, 04:55:10 AM »

same here. My PPPoE Connection breaks up and I can't even login to the Router any more. I have already contacted the Buffalo support but no reply so far...

vetoveljet

• Calf
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2009, 01:02:35 PM »

Guys,

you are not alone with this problem. I have understood that it is something with NAT tables oveflow - too much information in table and makes wireless connection to fail. Solution - reboot. IMHO - some other easier solution should be available - manually cleaning NAT etc.

myenzoo

• Calf
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2009, 08:20:51 PM »

I have 4 of the WZR-HP-G300NH routers and I have interswapped them all as they are too having the same issue.   The version 1.60 has DHCP from Cable modem intermittently... So I upgraded to 1.65.  I too am on a PPOE provider and this router is starting to get on my nerves.   Sad thing was I bought 4 of them and then a WLI bridge to help extend the wireless network between the routers and that is not working.   The store I bought them from wont accept returns as I had it more than 30 days.  Been fighting issues with it for 2 months now.

It is a firmware issue that needs resolved.  Dont stress the router or it will cause it to drop its Internet IP.   I have been transferring 200 gb of videos to the NAS interface and it has caused the router to crash every 5 minutes or the internet to drop 3 min into the 5 minutes.  

I also realized that it cant hanle 64 threads which is default and I set to 32 and it did better prolonged the crash to about 20 min. 

I have Dynamic DNS monitoring what IP I get for the amount of changes of IP I will be dealing with.

Overall, some core bugs are bad in this router.   I turned on a single port forwarding in version 1.60 and caused the router to stop working and had to be reset to factory settings.

Kicking myself on buying 4 of these units.

tdinning

• Calf
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2010, 10:54:08 AM »

Could this be a PPPOE timeout on the login? I have used other router/firewalls (before purchase of the WZR-HP-G300NH) and they always had a value you could set to have the PPPOE session never log out. I only say this in that people have been mentioning that the session usually starts back up in a few after they see the problem - could be the router/firewall re-logging back in and then traffic flows.

I do not have my WZR-HP-G300NH configured for PPPOE and cannot tell if there is a entry to make the session stay up all the time. I have used other firewalls on PPPOE connections and have always set the PPPOE session to never timeout.

sva

• Calf
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2010, 05:50:08 AM »

I found today that I could turn off the Router function on one of my WZR's and it'd still maintain the Wireless functionality... thus extending the Wireless range of the wired DHCP server (which was another WZR-HP-G300NH)....

acd30

• Calf
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2010, 10:21:19 AM »

I received my WZR-HP-G300NH yesterday and set it up last night. The firmware was 1.60. First, I started with the wizard as I thought it's the easiest way to set it up, but in fact, the connection to the internet was not made (FYI. I use Comcast cable internet connection). So, I gave up the wizard and started to use the web admin interface. It went fine for the internet connection and started to configure other things by going through the web admin menus. I went fine until I change the Time/Date setting under Admin Config. The timezone was wrong and the time was a bit off. So, I corrected it and the router went to the restarting cycle automatically. But, it didn't come back properly. I lost the internet connection. So, I went to the Easy Setup, but the router was not able to find DHCP server. After a few trial, DHCP was found. So, I pressed the recommended automatic process to obtain an IP address, but the process failed a few times. Then, finally, I was able to connect to the internet. So, at this point, I thought I should update the firmware to the latest one and I downloaded 1.65 and applied it. The update process went fine, but after that. I lost the internet connection and went to the Easy Setup, but it failed a few times as I had before with 1.60. After a few trials, I was able to obtain the IP address and everything was working fine at that time. I went to the bed and when I woke up this morning, the internet connection had been lost. So, I did the same Easy Setup and I had to repeat it several times to connect to the internet. So, I came to the forum and found this post because the situation is very similar. While there is no internet connection, my laptops were able to connect to the desktop PCs without any problems. So, wireless connections within the home network work fine during the period when the router lost connection to the internet.

I read all the posts in this thread. But, it seems there is no solution at this moment. I'm wondering if I should return it to NewEgg...

acd30

• Calf
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2010, 07:08:49 PM »

Just FYI.

In fact, I found this thread through a google search.  I didn't read other thread in this forum.  I saw the post for the new firmware 1.70.  I went ahead to download and tried to install it to see if there are any improvements for the Internet connection issue that I have.  But, the Japanese version of 1.70 was not installed as an invalid firmware.  It seems something is different between the Japanese version and the US version.

After the invalid message, the router was restarted automatically and then I lost the internet connection again.  I went to a power cycle for the router, but the Easy Setup was not able to find DHCP server even after several trials.  Then, I restarted the PC (Windows 7) and tried the Easy Setup.  This time, I was able to establish the internet connection again.

healerpatrick

• Calf
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2010, 01:31:09 AM »

It is amazing to me that Buffalo has allowed this problem with their router to go on as long as they have. I've had the same exact problem sicne upgrading to 1.65. Buffalo has repeatedly told me there is no problem with the firmware and won't honor the warranty and take the unit back for "repairs" reporting there is no problem with the router or the firmware though it has to be reset. The problem has worsened to being rebooted 2 to 3 times a day. It is worse when the router is put under heavy load and that includes NAS use. If NAS is not used it takes longer to hang. As others have said, the local network continues to work fine, just loss of NAS and internet.

Buffalo has also told me that it is impossible to back up to v1.60. I've not located or tried the v1.70 Japanese version but it sounds like it is problematic anyway.

It has reached a point for me that unless Buffalo releases a new firmware that truly fixes the problem within the next 7 days I'll purchase a new unit from another company. My thought is to take the buffalo product, smash it into tiny pieces and ship it back to Buffalo explaining it won't connect to the Internet and ask them to fix it. Maybe then they will get a clue?

Am I angry with Buffalo? You bet! When their products work well... they work well... but when they break.... they REALLY break. They've lost my trust. I'm going back to Linksys products.

sbenard

• Calf
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2010, 09:49:06 AM »

I am having a similar problem, but only in wireless mode. Sounds like it may be different! ??

I just posted a separate thread because my problem only occurs in wireless mode.

drmemory

• Big Bull
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2010, 01:54:05 PM »

I've been told to start looking for US/UK FW 1.72, around Feb 23 timeframe.  I don't have any info on what it fixes, but the rumor is, it will also add WDS.