Author Topic: WZR-HP-G300NH Access problem from Picazzo m288 stb & some PCs  (Read 2694 times)

rtang

• Calf
WZR-HP-G300NH Access problem from Picazzo m288 stb & some PCs
« on: October 23, 2009, 06:44:04 AM »

In using the router with NAS (attached with Seagate desktop 1.5T HD), it works well from some PCs.  But  when map by another 2 PCs (1 WinXP and 1 MCE 2005), the window explorer close automatically and it cannot access the NAS.   In "My Computer" it shows the map network drive, but when clicking into it, the Folder closed automatically.   Does someone know what is the problem.

Media Server function is enabled, add "Videos" folder and no user login/password.   It can be accessed from DLNA / uPnPdevices.  

My idea is to using Picazzo m288 Set-Top-Box (stb) to record TV programs to the Media Server, which can be shared from other DLNA / uPnP devices.   If using NFS connection in m288, it requires IP and path, which I set Buffalo router IP and "Videos" respectively.  It cannot access the NAS.  m288 Support states that it may be reason of  Router not supporting NFS function.    Alternatively I set m288 using Window Network.   IP, path, workgroup are fill-in as Router IP, "Videos" and the workgroup name.  Again, it does not work.    It works to record TV programs using Windws Network in the share folder in PC.    Does someone know how it can be solved?    Is that the path name wrong?    As the Airstation media server is mounted with \\RouterName\disk1_pt1,  I should not set this path info.  Right?     m288 Support also clarify that underscore "_" is not supported in setting.            Thanks!