Author Topic: WZR-HP-G300NH Wishlist  (Read 13681 times)

jonathondonnell

• Calf
Re: WZR-HP-G300NH Wishlist
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2009, 05:11:47 PM »

is there any chance the wzr-hp-g300nh can have vpn client functionality included. i know it can function as vpn server, with clients connecting to it, but i want to use it as a client to connect to a vpn server

woody2shooz

• Calf
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2009, 08:13:58 PM »

yay for the language support. I'm in Japan and having finding my way around this router.

BTW, is there a way to alter MTU and RWIN ?

Ta

dkratter14

• Calf
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2009, 09:42:58 AM »

1. Fix the bug where whenever changes are made and the router restarts, within an hour or so it temporarily drops its DHCP connection to the ISP. [And why does the router need to restart every time a change is made? That's ridiculous.]

2. Port forwarding address ranges (VoIP really needs this), and the ability to specify both TCP and UDP in a single rule.

3. Fix typos and grammatical errors all over the place (does anyone proofread this stuff before it goes into the firmware?). The errors make things difficult to understand sometimes.

Aveyer

• Big Bull
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2009, 01:20:23 PM »

You can already forward ranges of ports, eg 5060-5068.

Slax

• Calf
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2009, 07:52:24 AM »

NTFS support for usb hdd.

Better GUI with correct english, i see simple spelling mistakes all over. For example, WOL feature says "Crick the device" instead of "Click". Geez, you are asking someone for $100 and you can't even spell correctly. Come on. Maybe Buffalo Japan should just work under the hood and leave the US frontend to someone else. We will probably see more updates then.

dkratter14

• Calf
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2009, 02:15:00 AM »

Oh I didn't realize you could specify port ranges, that was not mentioned in any of the documentation (something else that should be fixed).

I second the request for NTFS support of a USB NAS device. FAT32 is pretty useless in this day and age when DVD or BD movies stored on a hard drive can easily take up more than the 4g that FAT32 supports for single files. As for XFS, that's ok but not very convenient to work with in Windows. With either choice, we're also left with poor security, as nothing compares to NTFS for filesystem security.

zaphod777

• Tatanka
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2009, 02:19:05 AM »

Local NAT loopback would be good. When trying to access an internal resource using the FQDN it can't connect you have to use the local ip. Not very convienient if you are hosting web pages.

Slax

• Calf
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2009, 07:55:08 AM »

Memoryman, do you know what is in store for us in 1.67?

I know the alpha is already out but when can we expect a final version. I suppose it depends on QA and testing.

Thanks.

electrodaktylus

• Calf
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2009, 05:18:57 PM »

PLEASE!!!   :smileysad: N T F S file system support for the NAS. FAT32 is useless for larger hard drives. And XFS is not supported by PC or MAC, not even by third party software, in case I need a direct USB connection to the computer.

zaphod777

• Tatanka
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2009, 05:14:13 AM »

electrodaktylus wrote:

PLEASE!!!   :smileysad: N T F S file system support for the NAS. FAT32 is useless for larger hard drives. And XFS is not supported by PC or MAC, not even by third party software, in case I need a direct USB connection to the computer.

Probably not going to happen as it is a proprietary format and they would need to license from Microsoft or get sued. BTW any Linux live CD that you can download will access XFS just fine ..... 

dlacomb

• Calf
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2009, 02:27:10 PM »

Support for NTFS would be great, I agree.  I ended up formatting my 1.0TB WD Element drive using Fat32Formatter.  About 950GB available.

janlesid

• Calf
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2009, 03:20:57 PM »

Add suport multicast for work with IPTV?

dkratter14

• Calf
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2010, 11:13:16 PM »

Another request - add jumbo frame support on the LAN side, which would be very useful for people with all the NAS devices that now support it.

Gingernut

• Calf
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2010, 01:05:55 AM »

Different wireless modes option, N-Only / G-Only etc, on wireless basic page.

Wireless transmite power option on wireless advanced page. To be able to reduce wireless power output level with Low, Medium and Full options if full power output is not needed.

Better support for connected clients with packet info, received/transmitted/errors for each IP address or MAC.

More options for Bittorrent client. Seeding priority / target, DHT, IP block list.

Ext2/Ext3 linux file system support for usb connected storage.

mindugo

• Calf
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2010, 02:23:50 AM »

Resolve WAN DHCP issues. Those WZR-HP-G300NH obviously has in some cases (while other brand routers don't), but Buffalo support won't admit or doesn't care.