Author Topic: Use WHR-HP-G54 connect to Internet and wired to WZR-HP-G300NH  (Read 2715 times)

anderz

• Calf
Use WHR-HP-G54 connect to Internet and wired to WZR-HP-G300NH
« on: September 07, 2009, 09:27:22 AM »

Okie, I need some help out here.
Currently I have WHR-HP-G54 (flash with tomato firmware) and WZR-HP-G300NH (v1.60 firmware).

Idea here is I want to use G54 connect to Internet (for reason i'm running torrent and experienced it has better speed with it) and wired link to G300NH where rest of my pc are connected to wirelessly.

I'm not sure how to connect both as in term of setup as mentioned and whether or not to turn on the wirelss feature at G54 (as in will it helps to increase the range of wireless)

I'm open for suggestion to connect both with or without wire. 

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
Re: Use WHR-HP-G54 connect to Internet and wired to WZR-HP-G300NH
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 04:00:32 PM »

The G54 we will have to treat as a third party router because you flashed it with 3rd party firmware.  It is ok that you mentioned that you have it, but just as a warning, do not say anything else about it.

As long as you planned on wiring these together then you shouldn't have an issue.  If you are trying to connect the routers wirelessly it wont work.

To bridge the G300NH, just put the switch into bridge mode and hook it up to the other router via the LAN ports.  I would also suggest that you log into the bridge to give it an SSID if you want to connect to it specifically.  The bridge IP is 192.168.11.100

zaphod777

• Tatanka
Re: Use WHR-HP-G54 connect to Internet and wired to WZR-HP-G300NH
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 11:40:35 PM »
   Also I would recomend turning the wireless off on the G54 and only using the wireless on the G300NH otherwise you might get some interference and your pc's mght get confused.