Author Topic: Do I buy the WZR-HP-G300NH on hope?  (Read 2794 times)

RedBuff

• Calf
Do I buy the WZR-HP-G300NH on hope?
« on: September 02, 2009, 07:34:16 PM »

I'm eying the WZR-HP-G300NH as a potential purchase but am leary of the disconnect issue that seems to be affecting many customers.

1/3 of the product reviews for this unit on Amazon and Newegg mention their dissatisfaction with Buffalo's solution of 'reboot the device'.

I see the Support Techs here say it will be solved in the next firmware release.

There has been no firmware update since initial product release....

and I don't see any comments on this board when that might happen.

Not even mention of a beta release to those who are really savvy and eager to test it.

I'm not sure what to do at this point... Do I buy the product with hope that I won't get hit with the problem, and that firmware will be updated?

Goodspike

• Calf
Re: Do I buy the WZR-HP-G300NH on hope?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 12:38:47 PM »
   Out of curiosity, what unique feature does the router have that would make you consider it, knowing of the problem?

RedBuff

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 02:45:19 PM »

I'm looking for a high power unit to reach a building 200ft out back to avoid fiddling with an AP with seperate high gain antenna, or running a cable.

N functionality would be nice, though I may have to pass on that.

I haven't tested anything in this situation yet... just want to reduce trial-n-error.

scajjr2

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2009, 10:58:41 AM »

I have been using mine daily for over 2 months now without a problem. Maybe I'm just lucky but running 2 wireless and 2 wired pc's have never had any problem other than some Windows 7 Homegroup glitches. But they were Win 7 releated not the router.

Sam