Author Topic: WHR-G300N firmware  (Read 43578 times)

Colin137

• Big Bull
Re: WHR-G300N firmware
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2009, 09:28:40 PM »

You are correct. I figured you rebooted it from the interface, since if you powercycled it, the computer would detect the loss of connection and request a new lease. Just wanted to make sure :)

Aveyer

• Big Bull
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2009, 09:35:22 PM »
   Half true, like I said earlier, no matter what way I reboot the router the PC wouldn't detect a connection loss since the PC is connected to a switch first and then the switch is connected to the router. Rebooting from the interface would downlink the ports anyway resulting in a connection loss if the PC is directly connected. So it's not a bug.
Message Edited by Aveyer on 04-02-2009 03:36 AM

Colin137

• Big Bull
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2009, 09:45:06 PM »

Aha, I didn't catch that part of your previous post. Rebooting from the interface does reset the onboard switch, but that doesn't happen on some of the older routers, hence my confusion.

Message Edited by Colin137 on 04-01-2009 09:45 PM

Aveyer

• Big Bull
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2009, 09:49:30 PM »

That's one less thing on my mind now :smileyhappy:. Just hope Buffalo post the latest firmware soon.

Thanks anyway.

Message Edited by Aveyer on 04-05-2009 07:15 AM

Aveyer

• Big Bull
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2009, 01:19:28 AM »
   Even after figuring all that out it does seem that some leases might not show up sometimes. Checked earlier, I was connected via wireless and had the IP 192.168.2.4 and it showed that lease on the leases page, but when I disconnected from wireless and checked with a wired connection the 192.168.2.4 lease had dissapeared but all the rest were there, so that's definetley a bug.Lease period is at the default 48 hours.

labasus

• Calf
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2009, 08:11:26 PM »

Check for error of Firmware version, cause in download section is "1,06" one. 

http://www.buffalotech.com/support/downloads/nfiniti-wireless-n-router-access-point-whr-g300n/

ACGalaga

• Calf
« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2009, 11:59:12 PM »

I'm trying to install the english firmware as well and it wont work.

• First, I purchased this router in Japan, so everthing is in Japanese. (I figured if I install the english firmware I wouldn't have that problem)
  • I have to set my router swith to "off" because I can not access the internet anyother way. (three things, when the router is on "auto" or "on" and I open my browser, it attempts to initalise the internet connecton and constantly fails and asks to try again [?????????????DHCP????????PPPoE???????????????] and [?????????].  Next, I can only access the rounter interface if it is on "auto" or "on" but as I said before, I can't access the internet.  Finally, I am unaware of my ISP being that the interent comes with the apartment and is only a hole in the wall... no modem involved.)
  • So, when I access the interface and have it try to install the english firmware, it browes for the lacation, I select it, and it asks me to wait 80 seconds.  Afterwards, it says close your browser, cut your connectoin to the router and reset the router (i think).  I do that... and still nothing.

Hmm...  any suggestions?        

bkatkins

• Calf
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2009, 02:56:45 PM »

will someone acknowledge the fact that the firmware download is borked?

timetable on fixing this?  I am having problems on a new install and want to try a firmware upgrade before I return this product.

ciao2tokyo

• Calf
« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2009, 05:33:30 PM »

ACGalaga,

This is the same problem I'm having.

Considering the level of Buffalo staff in this forum, I can give a suggestion: forget about a firmware update.

We are waiting for the new updated version since February and the only thing we got so far is an older version that doesn't even work.

Use the ruter as it is or return/waste it.

noemis

• Calf
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2009, 05:00:45 AM »
   I am waiting a new version since October 2008. But now I think to buy new router from other company and I'll throw this buffalo to garbage. This is the right decision.

Aveyer

• Big Bull
« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2009, 01:42:59 PM »
   There must be something wrong with the models sold in the US, I got mine in the UK last December and never have any problems with it other than a tiny bug with the DHCP leases page and can't choose channel 12 or 13(which are available in EU not US and should be available in options since I got the EU version of the router).
Message Edited by Aveyer on 06-09-2009 07:43 PM

shimsim

• Calf
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2009, 06:29:01 AM »

Just wanted to throw my hat into this ring. After reading this thread it seems that many people have been suffering for a long time with this product. I am fairly new to the WHR-G300N having only purchased mine 1 month ago. I did read a number of reviews some of which talked about problems with the firmware but having used buffalo in the past, they always seemed reliable.

So after 1 month using this router my opinion is as follows .... I accept that any pc related hardware has the potential of compatibility issues but I also can’t remember the last time I used a wifi router that simply fell over every time I tried to transfer large files. Considering buffalo go to the extent of advertising it with the description 'Perfect for streaming HD movies, music, and e-mailing from multiple PC’s simultaneously.', I find it hard to believe it can be this unstable. It also occasionally decides to simple lock up.

A true test of a good company is how quickly they can respond to a problem of this nature and from what i've been reading here in this forum its not looking good for us WHR-300N users. No company is perfect and yes it is impossible to test for every possible hardware configuration but how can it be so off the mark and why are users having to wait so long for a fix.

I think it’s very important that buffalo support come back with some real timelines and definitive answers to how this product is going to be made usable by its customers

Looking forward to your response buffalo support  

Colin137

• Big Bull
« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2009, 03:24:20 PM »

shimsim,

I'd like to give you a timeline... I really would. It would make many of our customers feel better. Unfortunately though, a timeline simply isn't reasonable for me to expect. We'd much rather simply release a fix when it's ready, instead of providing an inaccurate timeline that would probably be wrong. It takes time to test for, debug, patch, post test, and repackage the fix for a particular issue. Sometimes it's quick, but sometimes not. 

shimsim

• Calf
« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2009, 11:59:29 PM »

Thank you for your reply, i appreciate that it would be irresponsible to commit to a timescale when you don’t have one. At this point what’s important for me (and I suspect other users) is to be assured that the problem is being given the appropriate level of attention and that this model is not brushed under the carpet (so to speak) leaving those who purchased it without a solution other than cutting their losses by dumping it or resorting to third party firmware at their own risk.

So whilst you are unable to give a definite timescale, can you confirm that an updated firmware is in the pipeline and that it is being given some development priority?