Author Topic: WHR-G300N firmware  (Read 43577 times)

plattfuss

• Calf
WHR-G300N firmware
« on: February 21, 2009, 12:59:43 PM »

Somehow the messages about updating firmware on WHR-G300N WLAN router got deleted.

Where did they went and why?

barracuda

• Calf
Re: WHR-G300N firmware
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 04:06:27 PM »

yeah,this is really not good that admin is started to delete all post about problems with this router.We are still waithing for the new updated firmware,becouse a lot of users of this routers have a problems with wifi stability and speed.If this act of admin will continue we are post this problems in others forums and this will not be good for Buffalo product at all,I think it's more better to release and improve this firmware really soon!

Colin137

• Big Bull
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 07:09:59 PM »
The threads were deleted due to discussion of third-party firmwares, which we cannot support. Since this is an official support forum, third party firmwares have no place in the discussions.

plattfuss

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2009, 04:40:15 AM »
   Thing is, I don't want to discuss about third-party software, just info where to get firmware 1.60 or higher for my WHR-G300N WLAN router.
Message Edited by plattfuss on 02-22-2009 11:40 AM

Colin137

• Big Bull
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 03:12:47 PM »
I've set up a request to get that firmware posted on the websites.

slpip

• Tatanka
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2009, 04:50:11 PM »

I got a reply from Buffalo that the Buffalo tech is waiting for the firmware from Japan. 

I just wish Tomato will come out before Buffalo.  Otherwise, my WHR-G300N will stay with my 4 other Buffalo routers under my desk.

slpip

• Tatanka
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2009, 04:52:16 PM »
   I am also a dslreport boardband member.  We discuss Buffalo third party firmware too.

slpip

• Tatanka
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2009, 05:25:44 PM »

One reason the Buffalo cannot use dd-wrt in USA according to:

Buffalo can't officially endorse using DD-WRT because "the power modes it allows lets you go beyond the levels allowed by the FCC." as senior marketing manager Oliver Kaven told PC Mag. In Europe, Buffalo sells a version of this router branded as DD-WRT ready, because there is no restriction. This hardware is ready to have its firmware flashed to open-source, endorsed or not.

Just wait for the new firmware send from the Japan Buffalo.

barracuda

• Calf
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2009, 02:55:45 PM »

and when this firmware will be available, because I am almost giving up on waiting?

plattfuss

• Calf
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2009, 05:51:03 AM »

I got tired of waiting for this firmware and my roter got ''wings'' ----> trash.

I'm very sorry Buffalo, but your support for this router, sorry to say, sucks

barracuda

• Calf
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2009, 01:05:59 PM »
   You got absolutely right, because after reading this forum it seems to me that this forum managed by admins without technical knowledge.No concrete assistance, which would I expect.
I will go to buy some other router,becouse looks like that fixed firmware for this router will never be released!
Message Edited by barracuda on 03-12-2009 04:05 PM

Colin137

• Big Bull
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2009, 03:47:50 PM »

Please remember to follow the forum user guidelines:

http://forums.buffalotech.com/buffalo/board/message?board.id=BT1000Welcome&thread.id=1

Especially:

You agree not to do any of the following actions while using Buffalo Technology discussion forums:

(1) harass, threaten, embarrass, or cause distress or discomfort toanother Buffalo Technology discussion forum participant, user, or otherindividual or entity;

(4) disrupt the normal flow of dialogue in a Buffalo Technologydiscussion forum or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affectsother participants;

(9) suggest or show how to make alterations or changes to firmware orhardware of Buffalo Technology products, use of DD-WRT, Tomato, ornon-Buffalo-approved firmware (violates and terminates USA warranty ofwireless products.), or provide links to non-Buffalo-approved firmwareor hardware how-to articles.

All of our moderators are fully trained technical support reps. When a problem comes up that cannot be solved by troubleshooting, and we identify that it is a problem with the firmware, there is nothing our support team can do besides make the problem known to our corporate office, who then work towards implementing the fix in a forthcoming firmware update. 

Software development takes time. This is an unfortunate fact of the industry. It is also VERY hard to predict how long the problem will take to be resolved, due to the nature of the development process. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused any of you, and assure you that we are working on the problem as fast as possible.

Again, please be sure to conform to the user guidelines; breaches of the guidelines will result in your username or IP address being banned.

barracuda

• Calf
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2009, 04:38:11 PM »
   In this I agree with you, and my intention was not such as to any intentional insult anyone, so I also repair my text.
I think when I buy a product that would work just as well and that was also completely tested before went to go to the users.Can be the case that some error appear, but should be fixed in a given time.I will not throw the router, but I am going to temporarily store and replace it with another one, it will waith as soon as this problem will be solved.

Aveyer

• Big Bull
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2009, 05:14:56 PM »

I'm eagerly awaiting this firmware update too. The QoS options are way too basic, hope they add download QoS and options to prioritise devices by MAC or IP, it would be perfect then.

I hope it will be posted on the european website as soon as the US website.

Message Edited by Aveyer on 03-12-2009 10:20 PM
Message Edited by Aveyer on 03-19-2009 08:14 PM

slpip

• Tatanka
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2009, 05:35:13 PM »
   The Japan site posted the Japanese version 1.61.  Properly Buffalo will post the Englis version soon.