Author Topic: wan port won't connect  (Read 2121 times)

jleverman

• Calf
wan port won't connect
« on: October 06, 2011, 09:32:07 PM »

I have a WHR-HP-G54 which I have used for over a year as a router connected to an AT&T DSL modem.  This setup worked almost out of the box with few setup issues.  However, I recently changed over to a cable modem (actually a modem/voice adapter) and the G54 router refuses to connect to the new modem.  It is setup to DCHP on the WAN port (same as the router used for typing this).  The Buffalo router appears to go through the motions of connecting to the modem but never completes the process.  This is monitored by a computer logged into the router.

chadius

• Calf
Re: wan port won't connect
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2011, 08:55:08 AM »

May want to try unplugging router and modem also my modem has a battery I disconnect for about 30 secs while its unplugged. I than reconnect battery and plug in? power for the modem. Wait for modem to be fully powered up all lights than plug my router power back in.

jleverman

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2011, 11:43:09 PM »

Tried that.  Also powered down modem and connector the modem output to a laptop.  Powered everything up and proved network functional.  Disconnected laptop from modem and connected the G54 router - router never connected.  Removed the G54 and installed a router from another manufacturer (not high power though) - this router connected on 1st try.  Matter of fact, it's the same router this is being sent through but I'm still hoping to the G54 working.  Thanks for the help though.

jleverman

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2011, 11:44:39 PM »

before anyone points it out - I meant to say 'connected', not 'connector' above.