Author Topic: internet bandwith issue throught wifi connection  (Read 2484 times)

dang

• Calf
internet bandwith issue throught wifi connection
« on: August 06, 2009, 07:26:54 PM »

I just recently purchased the WZR-HP-G300NH and most or all of the functions are working fine that I need such as better wifi range then my previous Buffalo WZR-RS-G54 and the gigabit ports are nice too.

The problem I'm experencing is that I have Comcast cable internet and my speed package I'm on is the 20mpbs/4mbps.  With the WZR-RS-G54 I can do a speedtest on my Macbook through wifi and get around 20-27mbps/6-8mbps, however the new WZR-HP-G300NH would not go pas 18mbps for downstream, the upstream bandwith is similar to the WZR-RS-G54, so no issue with that.  The wired connection seems to be able to get up to 20mbps.  Duplicated this same senario with my other Macbook, the CoreDuo and Core2Duo.

What I would like to know is if there is a setting on the new WZR-HP-G300NH that I can change to get the speeds like that of the WZR-RS-G54 for the wifi connection.  I've tried using all the same criteria on the new router as the old one, same wifi channel, mac address filter on, no wireless authentication.

Thank you in advance.

Dang