Author Topic: WZR-HP-G300NH LAN problem  (Read 4174 times)

Xendance

• Calf
WZR-HP-G300NH LAN problem
« on: August 04, 2009, 10:02:18 AM »

So I moved into a new apartment and bought the router (WZR-HP-G300NH) because I wanted fast wifi and fast LAN so that I could stream videos etc. The apartment has an ethernet outlet on the wall so I just plugged the router into it (the wan port), and the router started to acquire an IP address. It all worked just fine BUT I could only connect to the net with my laptop (also with my gf's laptop) via WLAN. Lan to my desktop computer just doesn't work.

This is what ipconfig says on my desktop:

However, I could connect all my computers to the internet by turning the router into bridge mode. But now I can't have my own personnal network which I need to stream stuff around. Also I don't like having all my computers being visible to other people.

Any ideas?

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
Re: WZR-HP-G300NH LAN problem
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 04:57:23 PM »
What kind of internet is it (DSL, cable, satellite?) 

Xendance

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 05:58:12 PM »
   It's ADSL.

But I managed to get my network working by assigning the IP addresses, DNS's and DNS suffixes manually. If I'd let the DHCP to handle the job my Windows would say that I'm connected to two networks both of which have no internet access. But I would prefer if the DHCP would do the job it's supposed to :|
Message Edited by Xendance on 08-06-2009 01:58 AM

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009, 06:01:31 PM »
You might be double natting.  Did you bridge the modem? This seems like the most likely reason for your problem.

Xendance

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2009, 02:11:33 AM »
   I don't have an ADSL modem, I live in an apartment building that has it's own router (I think). I just plugged my buffalo router to the ethernet outlet on the wall (the WAN cable).

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2009, 02:44:48 PM »
If the apartment has its own router then I would put our router in bridge mode and connect the ethernet cable to one of the LAN ports.  This will disable its router functionality while still giving you wifi.