Author Topic: Bought 2 WZR-HP-G300NH... can't connect them wirelessly?  (Read 3159 times)

jatrim

• Calf
Bought 2 WZR-HP-G300NH... can't connect them wirelessly?
« on: July 28, 2009, 02:15:32 AM »

Looking at the product documentation, I thought that I could take two WZR-HP-G300NH routers and hook them together wirelessly using one as a router and the other as an access point. In fact, it sounded like I could use the AOSS buttons on the two devices and they would do all the work for me.

I've spent several hours now trying to get this two work without a single packet being exchanged between the devices. The access point only works when the devices are wired. Searching the forums here seems to confirm my findings. But just to be sure, is this really true?

At the time of purchase, I considered buying the ethernet converter instead which sounded as if it would do exactly what I wanted, as well. I bought the extra WZR-HP-G300NH because it seemed like it would do everything the convertor would while bringing with it additional features like a gigabit switch.

In case it isn't obvious, I'm really annoyed that I spent extra money on to get the complete router and it won't do what I want. 

Message Edited by jatrim on 07-28-2009 02:19 AM

FallenC

• Calf
Re: Bought 2 WZR-HP-G300NH... can't connect them wirelessly?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 04:21:35 AM »
   sadly this unit doesn't come with the WDS function so there's no wireless bridge for you my friend...

Aveyer

• Big Bull
Re: Bought 2 WZR-HP-G300NH... can't connect them wirelessly?
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 11:29:02 AM »
   They don't support WDS so they can't be connected wirelessly nor can it be used as an ethernet converter. It's a router ,access point and wired bridge.