Author Topic: Replacing Japanese firmware with English  (Read 4177 times)

kc7jfv

• Calf
Replacing Japanese firmware with English
« on: July 20, 2009, 06:09:25 AM »

Hello all,

I received Buffalo WLAH-G54 as a gift from my Japanese friend.  It works great however I would prefer to have English as my choice for firmware.  Is there a way to change it?  Thanks for this website.

Wireless user in Nepal

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: Replacing Japanese firmware with English
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 06:46:37 AM »
   The routes are region specific, there is no official way of changing the firmware to english. Anyways the router you have is not sold outside of japan as far as im aware.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

kc7jfv

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2009, 11:06:07 AM »

davo,

Thanks for your reply.  I am afraid what you mentioned is correct and I am stuck with Japanese version.  With translate feature available in the web, it is not terribly difficult to get the gist of what each menus mean though.  

I was just wondering if I could somehow flash the unit for English version of similar Buffalo item sold in English speaking country.  

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2009, 11:54:47 AM »
   Im afraid doing this will probably brick your router and render it useless. So i dont recommend you do this ;)
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2009, 03:45:07 PM »

The timo,

Please do not post about 3rd part firmware as this is against our user guidelines.  Doing so  again will result in a ban.

thetimo

• Tatanka
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2009, 05:50:13 AM »
   Understood.