Author Topic: WZR-HP-G300NH VPN setup problem  (Read 11081 times)

Colin137

• Big Bull
Re: WZR-HP-G300NH VPN setup problem
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2009, 10:27:09 PM »

Humor me and try it. The default lease period is 48 hours, so there may be some overlap.

If you don't mind, I'd like to try it myself. PM me with a login and password.

FallenC

• Calf
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2009, 09:09:49 PM »

tried and failed...

i am starting to doubt it has nothing to do with my router setting at all...

i tried it again in my office on monday and, once again, it was working just fine and then i checked the default gateway at the time it was also 0.0.0.0... but i could surf the web and everything

i even went to some ip checking site and confirmed that i was indeed using the internet connection at home to browse the web

however, when i tried it again at aother location (with a different ISP (maybe i should've clearly stated that earlier)) it failed me again...

VPN connection - made

access to home pc's folder - yes

internet connection thru VPN - windows network connection icon indicates internet connection available

any kind of internet data transfer - not possible

by any chance it has something to do with the 2nd ISP? but if the 2nd ISP has blocked the VPN port wouldn't i not be able to make the VPN connection at all? or could it simply be the connection from my home to the second location sucks? (please also note that i was using VNC to connect to my home PC from the second location and it was working fine)

Message Edited by FallenC on 08-04-2009 09:23 PM

FallenC

• Calf
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2009, 09:13:09 PM »
   i've setup an user account for you to try the VPN and already PM'ed the info to you, it might actually work for you...

Colin137

• Big Bull
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2009, 03:25:03 PM »

I was able to connect, and access the internet. Google and Yahoo both came up with the China/Hong Kong localized sites, and tracert proves that internet access is going through your connection.

It'd be nice if it DIDN'T work for me, since this doesn't tell us anything we didn't already know; it works with some computers, not others.

My guess is that there's some software on the problem computers that's blocking internet access through the VPN connection.