Author Topic: >>>>> LinkStationQuad...Why I cannot see files larger than 4GB ? <<<<<  (Read 3729 times)

kid1417

• Calf

This is my LinkStationQuad Detail 

• LinkStation NameLS-QL07D
  • Model NameLS-QL F/W 1.11
  • Disk 1/Status/Standard Mode
    Unit Name : WD10EADS-00L5B1
    Total Capacity : 976,762,584 kbytes (931.51 GB)
    File Format : XFS

I try to upload the .ISO files to the LinkStation (4.1GB) via CuteFTP or iMac (including load from Bittorrent at port 8080 too). There are no error but I cannot see the original size(4.1 or more). The size that I see is only 106.47 MB (0.1GB). Why? What's wrong?

When I login to WebAccess (at port 9000), I can see the true size (4.1GB).??? Yeh It's work but Why???

Normally, I shoud see the same size in whatever programs. (especially FTP)

I try to find the answer but I've seen only File format answer?

Anyone please help me.....

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
Re: >>>>> LinkStationQuad...Why I cannot see files larger than 4GB ? <<
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 04:39:12 PM »
What version of Mac?  How are you checking the size?  Is it happening on PCs as well as Macs?

Also please do not just send a PM to different moderators on this board.  We will not usually check them unless we are expecting it.  We will get to answering you as soon as possible.  We appreciate your patience.

kid1417

• Calf
Re: >>>>> LinkStationQuad...Why I cannot see files larger than 4GB ? <<
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2009, 09:28:52 PM »

Yes sir, It is also happen on PCs (FTP or Network shared \\192.168.1.XXX\ )

I think It seem like an original files are the same size on the LinkStation but Windows XP , MAC 10.5.7 , CuteFTP can't see that size. So, When I transfer it back to the computer. The files are changed (size is smaller, less than 4GB).

For example

I try to upload a 5.1 GB via FTP,Windows XP Network, Mac10.5.7 ---> It is OK. No error.

I try to refresh the list. Ohh!!! That file size is decrease to 1.1 GB (It is cut off , 5.1 GB - 4 GB = 1.1GB)

I try to download it back to the computer ---------> 1.1GB file is on my computer.

This is my problem sir.

and Sorry about PM